Add google play services to Android-x86 8.1-r1 (Oreo-x86)

Đỗ Khoa

Apr 25, 2019, 12:29:29 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Hello all,
I build an image from android x86 source http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-8-1-r1 and flash to NUC PC Model NUC6CAY.
However, after finish flash, I cannot install google play services and google play. Google play services always crash when I open google play. I see that the image was released by http://www.android-x86.org included all google services. Does anyone have any idea to help me install google services to my image?
Thank you,
Khoa

Bastien Chanot

Apr 25, 2019, 4:45:04 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Hi, You can follow this modop : https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build

I juste notice you, the path of the manifest is in .repo/manifests/android-x86-X.X-rx.xml or the default.xml file if you dont used special manifest to DL (like -m android-x86-8.1-r1.xml at the end of the repo init commmand)

And you don't have to put these 2 lines :
<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/arm" name="arm" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="nezor" />
<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/arm64" name="arm64" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="nezor" />
You depend of x86 not arm and it can make you issue if you put them.

after add it, do your `repo sync` commands.

and the makefile to change is in `device/generic/x86_64/android_x86_64.mk`, add package of opengapps you want. (comparaison here : https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Package-Comparison)

I Hope this is usefull.

Regards, Bastien

Đỗ Khoa

Apr 25, 2019, 6:53:35 AM4/25/19
to Android-x86
Thank you, Bastien.
I tried to add gapps  to source then build it. Therefore I can use google services.
Thank you.

Vào 15:45:04 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 25 tháng 4 năm 2019, Bastien Chanot đã viết:

Daniel Cheung

May 22, 2019, 4:17:34 AM5/22/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to revive an old thread but I can't seem to get OpenGAPPS to sync by following the instructions.

In my default.xml file, I added the following to the end of the file (pointed to nezor per the updated instructions):

<include name="android-x86.xml" />
<remote name="opengapps" fetch="https://github.com/opengapps/"  />
<remote name="nezor" fetch="https://gitlab.nezorfla.me/opengapps/"  />

<project path="vendor/opengapps/build" name="aosp_build" revision="master" remote="opengapps" />

<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/all" name="all" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="nezor" />

<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/x86" name="x86" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="nezor" />
<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/x86_64" name="x86_64" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="nezor" />

In my device.mk, I added these lines:

#OpenGAPPS
GAPPS_VARIANT := pico
GAPPS_FORCE_BROWSER_OVERRIDES := true

GAPPS_EXCLUDED_PACKAGES := FaceLock \
    PrebuiltGmsCoreInstantApps \
#OpenGAPPS
$(call inherit-product, vendor/opengapps/build/opengapps-packages.mk)

When I try to run "repo sync", I notice it's not fetching anything related to OpenGAPPS since the Vendor folder is not created. Not sure if I made a mistake or something else is causing the problem.

Bastien Chanot

May 22, 2019, 5:46:38 AM5/22/19
to Android-x86
Like specified in my previous message, you should edit the android-x86-8.1-r1.xml instead of default.xml to add gapps to your repo sync. I dont know if it works inthe default.xml.

And then, like i said too, you should edit device/generic/x86_64/android_x86_64.mk instead of device.mk To add Gapps configuration details.

It still work here today.

Regards, Bastien
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to andro...@googlegroups.com.

Povilas Staniulis

May 22, 2019, 3:25:45 PM5/22/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Try creating a new manifest file and including it instead.

On 2019-05-22 11:17, Daniel Cheung wrote:
> [...]
> https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build
>
> I juste notice you, the path of the manifest is in
> .repo/manifests/android-x86-X.X-rx.xml or the default.xml file
> if you dont used special manifest to DL (like -m
> android-x86-8.1-r1.xml at the end of the repo init commmand)
>
> And you don't have to put these 2 lines :
>

> <projectpath="vendor/opengapps/sources/arm"name="arm"clone-depth="1"revision="master"remote="nezor"/><projectpath="vendor/opengapps/sources/arm64"name="arm64"clone-depth="1"revision="master"remote="nezor"/>
> |

> You depend of x86 not arm and it can make you issue if you put them.
>
> after add it, do your `repo sync` commands.
>
> and the makefile to change is in `device/generic/x86_64/android_x86_64.mk <http://android_x86_64.mk>`, add package of opengapps you want. (comparaison here :https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/wiki/Package-Comparison)

Mauro Rossi

May 23, 2019, 4:37:31 AM5/23/19
to Android-x86
Hi,
sorry for the almost  off-topic,

with pie-x86 we're having issues of stability with google playstore core apps,
but I've only tried with 8.1 .apk packages

I wanted to ask if someone has tried the OpenGapps procedure with pie-x86 and if result is a stable system
If not tried yet I would like to try myself to achieve stability to allows Apps tests (tests are now stuck!)

This step is important pre-requisite for pie-x86 release with existing graphic stack.

Spoiler here: Next step, I am trying IA-HardwareComposer + minigbm grallloc1 with Intel and the Graphic stack is stable, next thing I would like to perform some apps tests with Intel and then extend tests to amdgpu, radeon, nouveau with IA-HWC & minigbm gralloc1 and also minigbm gralloc1 with drm_framebuffer in case of incompatibilities with IA-HWC.

Mauro

DDS Central

May 23, 2019, 5:11:47 AM5/23/19
to Android-x86
Sorry for offtopic Mauro, but what's the current status of the Pie branch, especially the graphics side of things ?

Mauro Rossi

May 23, 2019, 8:08:07 AM5/23/19
to Android-x86
Hi,

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 11:11:47 AM UTC+2, DDS Central wrote:
Sorry for offtopic Mauro, but what's the current status of the Pie branch, especially the graphics side of things ?

Graphic stack with drm_gralloc is on par with oreo-x86 status, all good and booting ok, to Graphic stack is ok,
then there are GUI reboots due to some other issues partially resolved in Bliss-OS branches,
but I cannot apply the framework/base series

nouveau is still having  "Recent button" causing SystemUI crash, it seams related to an "EGL not initialized" error happening only when clicking on Recent button.
NOTE: in mesa pie-x86 branch the nouveau locking patches set is the new experimental series by Karol Herbst,  git merge of official mesa/19.0 (19.0.5) is possible without conflicts to be resolved

It would be nice to have some more people helping triaging and attacking the nouveau driver last issue to finally have it stable.
Mauro

Daniel Cheung

May 23, 2019, 2:51:55 PM5/23/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update. Bastien's instructions worked. I manage to compile and install 8.1 R1 with Google Play installed right from the start. I misinterpreted his instructions to read that I can use device.mk and default.xml as usual.