upside down front camera on video mode

aditya nasiran

Nov 29, 2021, 11:44:29 AM11/29/21
to Android-x86
Hi, I installed android-x86 8.1-r6 on my lenovo ideapad d330.
Im having problem with the front camera. In camera/photo mode, it works well. But in video mode, its upside down. Back camera is fine.
I also tried 7.1-r5 and cm-14.1-r5, still experienced the same issue.
Any Idea how to fix this?

aditya nasiran

Nov 29, 2021, 10:54:24 PM11/29/21
to Android-x86
I tried to modify/force the rotation in these files:
frameworks/base/core/jni/android_hardware_Camera.cpp
frameworks/av/camera/CameraUtils.cpp

but for some reason, i cannot seem to change the rotation nor the mirroring of the front camera in video mode. I can change it in camera/photo mode, but not in video mode.
What am I missing here?

aditya nasiran

Dec 1, 2021, 6:53:10 PM12/1/21
to Android-x86
so I solved this by creating /etc/camera.cfg

back /dev/video0 90
front /dev/video2 270

have a nice day..

Antony Stone

Dec 1, 2021, 7:07:06 PM12/1/21
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 02 December 2021 at 00:53:10, aditya nasiran wrote:

> so I solved this by creating /etc/camera.cfg
>
> back /dev/video0 90
> front /dev/video2 270

Thank you very much for reporting back to the list what worked for you.

This may be very helpful for others in the future who encounter a similar
problem.

It is always good to hear back "this is what worked for me".

Antony

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.