TO DEVELOPERS: bug report:touch

skythatun...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2016, 8:26:29 AM1/2/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
Hi developers!
Thank you for the great work you've done! In the latest android-12-30 marshmallow build built by RBG, I found a bug:

Most of the time when I touch the screen on my surface pro 3, it works well. But sometimes it stuck on a point I've touched even though I've left my finger. I found that out by turning on the show touch movement option in the developer mode, which make a white dot appears where I touched the screen. And the problem was found because the white dot is still there even if my finger is in the air. And I have no way to remove it, android also thinks I'm touching the area but actually I'm not.

By researching a lot I think it's a problem with action_up in the android.view class.

It's a old old bug. The bug annoys me from android 4.4 to android 6.0. So I'm submitting the bug now. Hope my poor English didn't scare you and you can still understand what I've said.

u0_a26@x86 $ logca.txt

fgdn17

Jan 2, 2016, 8:35:07 AM1/2/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
does it work correctly if NOT using xposed framework???

skythatun...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2016, 11:26:34 AM1/2/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
Seriously, nothing to do with xposed. Because I have the issue on other builds without xposed. Also, my friend who has a surface 3 pro reported a same issue. So at least a common issue with surface pro 3.

fgdn17

Jan 2, 2016, 12:03:43 PM1/2/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
and / or the fact that marshmallow builds do not have rooted (SU) working yet and Xposed needs root access
maybe for now it's best to stay with lollipop releases for testing...

skythatun...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2016, 5:48:10 AM1/6/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
Actually, nothing to do with xposed. I've encountered the same problem even on builds of lollipop.
Guess it is a bug with source code...

Jayaprakash nasam

Jan 17, 2016, 2:16:28 PM1/17/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
i too have same bug in android 5.1

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 28, 2016, 2:53:50 AM1/28/16
to Android-x86
Please try the android-x86-6.0-20160127.iso which
contains a fix for Surface Pro 3 touch issue:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-x86/files/Testing/

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

skythatun...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016, 1:01:53 PM1/31/16
to Android-x86
ChihWei, happy to hear that!
May I know what fix had done to the bug?Is it a driver issue?If so, I can fix it by replacing kernel and /lib/ moudules
Because I'm using phoenix now, if I know what's wrong with the original one with the bug , the same bug can be fixed in other android x86 branch! Wouldn't it be useful?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 31, 2016, 9:39:05 PM1/31/16
to Android-x86
> ChihWei, happy to hear that!
> May I know what fix had done to the bug?Is it a driver issue?If so, I can
> fix it by replacing kernel and /lib/ moudules

Please check the commit:

commit d4dcb5ea0ffa902d1b16f04ad780073179d7c027
Author: Daniel Martin <daniel...@secunet.com>
Date: Thu Sep 17 17:06:34 2015 +0200

HID: multitouch: Add quirk for N-trig (1b96:1B05)

The N-trig (1b96:1B05) is an I2C device. It can be found in a
Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Users reported that sometimes the touschscreen
gets stuck during work - not responding to touches anymore.

Under certain circumstances the touschscreen sends "ghost" reports.
Reports for contacts that have been lifted prior and with suspicious
data (ContactID == X == Y == W == H == 0xffff and Tipswitch == true). In
such a case evemu-record would report something like:

However, I heard from the SP3 owner that
the issue still happened sometimes.
Please co-work with the driver maintainer
if you want further fix.

> Because I'm using phoenix now, if I know what's wrong with the original one
> with the bug , the same bug can be fixed in other android x86 branch!
> Wouldn't it be useful?

skythatun...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2016, 12:10:39 PM2/14/16
to Android-x86, 18118...@163.com
Thank you ChiWei for the reply. Since the bug was really annoying, I decide to learn some knowledge and work on it. So I want to ask a question,in the following files:
What file(s) is related to the bug? Do you have an idea?