How to record screen and internal audio on Android x86 without microphone?

Meigyoku Thmn 明玉

Apr 24, 2018, 5:47:34 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
AZ Screen Recorder runs fine on Android x86 but it can only record audio via microphone. Almost all recording app on Google Plays is the same like this. I tried SCR Screen Recorder, Google Play GamesInternal Audio Plugin + RecMe, but they simply don't work (print out messages like this device is not supported, or something like that). I don't want to record via microphone because the audio quality is undoubtedly terrible, and on my laptop, the microphone is too far from the speaker.
So is there still any way to do this? Or something like Stereo Mix on Windows? Or some commands in terminal? I honestly don't want to buy things like Aux Cable, Digital-to-Analog Converter.

youling 257

Apr 24, 2018, 7:32:12 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
03-17 19:02:19.111 13592 14051 V Prevent : prevents: false, name: com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin, count: 0, label: 0, uid: 10124, pid: 21934, process: com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin, flags: 1
03-17 19:02:29.124 21934 21963 E AudioRecord: Could not get audio input for session 889, record source 8, sample rate 48000, format 0x1, channel mask 0xc, flags 0

Edson Sousa

Apr 24, 2018, 8:09:42 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
You have to make a change in the # vi etc/init.sh

--------Português Brasil--------
Tem que fazer uma alteração no # vi etc/init.sh

Meigyoku Thmn 明玉

Apr 24, 2018, 8:18:37 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:09:42 PM UTC+7, Edson Sousa wrote:
You have to make a change in the # vi etc/init.sh

Can you tell me what I have to do in  etc/init.sh, I'm totally a noob about this.

Edson Sousa

Apr 24, 2018, 8:47:10 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
I looked right here will not solve your problem because I would have to buy an aux cable and connect the output of the phone to the audio input.

-------------Português Brasil----------------
Olhei aqui direito não vai resolver seu problema porque teria que comprar um cabo aux e conecta a saida do fone a entrada de audio.

Meigyoku Thmn 明玉

Apr 24, 2018, 10:05:35 AM4/24/18
to Android-x86
I see in init.sh there is alsa_amixer command which looks very interesting, does it has the option to split the audio output and redirect it to mic input?

Meigyoku Thmn 明玉

Apr 27, 2018, 9:06:43 AM4/27/18
to Android-x86
Well I guess this is impossible to do in software.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 29, 2018, 10:33:43 PM4/29/18
to Android-x86
> Well I guess this is impossible to do in software.

I read the descriptions of these apps.
Some of them claim they could record
"Internal + Mic" (need root, not a problem in android-x86)
So what's the problem of using them exactly?
If they couldn't support android-x86,
just ask their authors to add the support.
Wouldn't that be easier?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Huy Minh Bui

Feb 15, 2020, 11:15:09 PM2/15/20
to Android-x86
Hope you guys have a solution for this. Meanwhile I read about this post (https://orpheusdroid.com/2019/08/31/recording-internal-audio-the-right-way/) , there is an app called ScreenCam that record Internal Audio using R_Submix . And in order to hear the audio, I manually added the commit by Pixel Experience team like they said and

Thanks to PixelExperience team, the above commit brings in internal audio recording for the ROM using R_SUBMIX but also allows the audio to be routed via the speaker at the same time. Voila!

 But when I try to record the app said "Failed to start recording" , I check the logcat and it said that no output device found. I tried to put the app on priv-app and put an .xml file from the Magisk module to /etc/permissions but still the same. I even not include this patch and the result is the same, no output found

So I think that Android-x86 have modified something in R_Submix that make the app cannot recognise ?

youling 257

Feb 16, 2020, 10:34:01 AM2/16/20
to Android-x86
ScreenCam stop work on android 7 and 9, never open it.
ActivityManager: Force finishing activity com.orpheusdroid.screenrecorder/.ui.MainActivity
ActivityManager: Showing crash dialog for package com.orpheusdroid.screenrecorder u0

在 2020年2月16日星期日 UTC+8下午12:15:09,Huy Minh Bui写道:

youling 257

Feb 16, 2020, 10:39:59 AM2/16/20
to Android-x86
dev.tornaco.torscreenrec also use R_SUBMIX.
dev.nick.systemrecapi stop work on android 9.

on android 7,
02-16 22:47:49.691 16275 16290 D RecBridge: Start called with recRequest:RecBridgeService.RecRequest(param=IParam(audioSource=1, audioBitrate=128, audioSampleRate=0, orientation=0, frameRate=30, iFrameInterval=0, resolution=自动, shutterSound=false, stopOnScreenOff=false, stopOnShake=false, useMediaProjection=true, showNotification=true, showTouch=true, path=/storage/emulated/0/ScreenRecorder/2020-02-16-22-47-49.mp4), client=dev.nick.systemrecapi.RecBridgeService$TokenClient@ac5d4b9), name:dev.tornaco.torscreenrec
02-16 22:47:51.231 16275 16402 I RecBridge: Using audio source:8
02-16 22:47:51.234 16275 16402 E AudioRecord: Could not get audio input for session 17, record source 8, sample rate 44100, format 0x1, channel mask 0x10, flags 0

在 2018年4月24日星期二 UTC+8下午7:32:12,youling 257写道:

youling 257

Feb 16, 2020, 10:49:15 AM2/16/20
to Android-x86
AZ Screen Recorder - No Root
- Support Internal Audio for Android 10+ (lower versions are not allowed by Google)
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.

youling 257

Mar 23, 2020, 12:14:33 PM3/23/20
to Android-x86
Enable SubMix need audio.r_submix.default.so and patch audio_policy.conf

"AudioRecord: Could not get audio input for session 17, record source 8"
this problem need patch services/audiopolicy/enginedefault/src/Engine.cpp

. build/envsetup.sh >/dev/null && lunch cm_android_x86-userdebug >/dev/null && make -j4 audio.r_submix.default libaudiopolicyenginedefault

final i get record internal mic by use submix on cm14.1.
audio_policy.patch
0001-fix-submix.patch

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 26, 2020, 9:58:09 AM3/26/20
to Android-x86
I tested in PhoenixOS, it worked :D
However, when I record game like Arknights (using ARM native-bridge) the sound is kinda lag and slow (https://youtu.be/-_4w7uMcULc) here is my video record using ScreenCam. The result is the same as Tornaco's ScreenRec.
Reocrding something else like Music is fine, but when I record lossless music I hear some pop sound.
Maybe this is related to kernel buffer or something ?

Vào 23:14:33 UTC+7 Thứ Hai, ngày 23 tháng 3 năm 2020, youling 257 đã viết:

youling 257

Mar 26, 2020, 10:42:11 AM3/26/20
to Android-x86
RecMe v2.5.3b x86 + InternalAudioPlugin , can record stereo 48000HZ.

Codec
H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
Profile
Constrained Baseline
Bit rate
5.0 Mbits/sec

Codec
AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
Sample rate
48000 Hz
Channels
Stereo

在 2020年3月26日星期四 UTC+8下午9:58:09,Huy Minh Bui写道:

Huy Minh Bui

Mar 26, 2020, 12:41:30 PM3/26/20
to Android-x86
Unfortunately the result still the same lag
Maybe it's because of my hardware ?

Huy Minh Bui

Apr 18, 2020, 2:16:31 AM4/18/20
to Android-x86
I've found the problem, I have to compile both x86 and x86_64 libs at the same time (not just x86_64)
Sound is ok now when record games. Thanks.

Vào 21:42:11 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngày 26 tháng 3 năm 2020, youling 257 đã viết: