android-x86 kitkat 4.4.4 VMWare Qemu can not boot graphical UI ?

Gavin Lee

Nov 20, 2014, 9:54:23 AM11/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

 I compiled the kernel without DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can boot graphical UI.

 I compiled the kernel with DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can‘t boot graphical UI,but  the android-x86 can boot command。

I debug android-x86,the graphical driver has been loaded.

forced resolution in grub , the android-x86 can boot graphical UI.

 I compiled the android-x86 kitkat 4.4.4 : http://cloud.letv.com/s/2gOgar1E

Gavin Lee

Nov 20, 2014, 9:56:29 AM11/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

sorry ,forced resolution in grub , the android-x86 can't boot graphical UI.

在 2014年11月20日星期四UTC+8下午10时54分23秒,Gavin Lee写道:

Chih-Wei Huang

Nov 20, 2014, 9:06:15 PM11/20/14
to Android-x86
Yes, that's a known issue.
You may enable the mesa vmwgfx driver
and start debugging it.
> --

Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Gavin Lee

Nov 20, 2014, 10:40:14 PM11/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hello,Mr.huang:
I want to consult,  how to make ISO file, like the official website so small?

在 2014年11月21日星期五UTC+8上午10时06分15秒,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Antony Stone

Nov 21, 2014, 3:15:46 AM11/21/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 21 November 2014 at 04:40:13 (EU time), Gavin Lee wrote:

> hello,Mr.huang:
> I want to consult, how to make ISO file, like the official website so
> small?

I had that puzzle too.

You need to ensure that squashfs-tools are installed on your system; they'll
be used automatically if they are. This makes the final image a lot smaller.

It is in fact mentioned in the documentation, but (in my opinion) in the wrong
order, because you get led through the process of building the ISO before it
is mentioned that squashfs-tools can help in this way.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gavin Lee

Nov 24, 2014, 11:52:07 AM11/24/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com, antony...@android.open.source.it
thanks,Antony.
i don't install  squashfs-tools
now ,i make iso very small。
I update :http://cloud.letv.com/s/2gOgar1E

在 2014年11月21日星期五UTC+8下午4时15分46秒,Antony Stone写道:

Gavin Lee

Nov 26, 2014, 10:52:53 PM11/26/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I compiled four iso files.
the android-x86 install Virtual hd.
Why are there four different results?
32bit kernel:
the kernel without DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can boot graphical UI :android_x86-eng_kitkat_4.4.4_config_default_32bit-kernel.iso
the kernel with DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can‘t boot graphical UI,but  the android-x86 can boot command : android_x86-eng_kitkat_4.4.4_config_32bit-kernel.iso
64bit kernel:
the kernel without DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can‘t boot graphical UI,but  the android-x86 can boot graphical UI at CD mode (debug mode):android_x86-eng_kitkat_4.4.4_config_default_64bit-kernel.iso
the kernel with DRM driver for VMware Virtual GPU and Cirrus driver for QEMU emulated device  , the android-x86 can‘t boot graphical UI,but  the android-x86 can boot command : android_x86-eng_kitkat_4.4.4_config_64bit-kernel.iso

在 2014年11月20日星期四UTC+8下午10时54分23秒,Gavin Lee写道: