i915 cstate and DRI option

BrokenE39

Mar 27, 2019, 2:18:35 AM3/27/19
to Android-x86
Since I can't boot Oreo without disabling hardware acceleration in GRUB, I want to try disabling 3D and/or change the cstate for i915. But as a novice, I have no idea how to do this in Android X86. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

PS: if anyone wondering, my device is Teclast X98 Plus (A5C6) tablet running Intel Z8300 Cherry Trail.

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 27, 2019, 2:28:26 AM3/27/19
to Android-x86
BrokenE39 <dwt.c...@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月27日 週三 下午2:18寫道:

> Since I can't boot Oreo without disabling hardware acceleration in GRUB, I want to try disabling 3D and/or change the cstate for i915. But as a novice, I have no idea how to do this in Android X86. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Disabling 3D acceleration is simple: choose
Advanced options -> No Hardware Acceleration
in the boot menu.

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics#X_freeze/crash_with_intel_driver

That needs to edit the kernel cmdline.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Daniel Cheung

Mar 27, 2019, 2:51:39 AM3/27/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I already tried that option and it gave me a very laggy GUI. I thought that option completely turn off all the hardware acceleration not just 3D. To be clear, I have zero idea how to edit the kernel cmdline.

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 27, 2019, 6:16:44 AM3/27/19
to Android-x86
Daniel Cheung <dwt.c...@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月27日 週三 下午2:51寫道:

> I already tried that option and it gave me a very laggy GUI. I thought that option completely turn off all the hardware acceleration not just 3D. To be clear, I have zero idea how to edit the kernel cmdline.

That's software rendering. There is no way to just turn off 3D.

About editing cmdline, search the forum.
I just explained it yesterday in another post.
Or you can watch the video for
how to change cmdline permanently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV8nVMNCw0k

Daniel Cheung

Mar 27, 2019, 3:34:27 PM3/27/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the Youtube link and will be looking in other posts.