Android-x86 9.0r2 issues with graphics acceleration.

The Retro Review

Sep 10, 2021, 2:18:49 PM9/10/21
to Android-x86
I have a Dell Inspiron Mini Duo 1090, that runs anywhere from 4.4 to 8.1 just fine, but 9.0 seems to have a problem with booting with graphics acceleration to where it sits on the Android loading animation and doesn’t boot up past that. The animation works fine and doesn’t freeze, but in order to fully boot it, I had to run it with nomodeset.

Why is this a problem with my particular hardware? Thanks.

Ollie

Sep 29, 2021, 6:07:03 AM9/29/21
to Android-x86
I wonder if Android 9.0 has dropped support for OpenGL 1.4 which is the maximum the Dell Duo 1090's Intel GMA supports.

This is the same issue of running KDE Plasma Mobile or JingOS on these older Atom devices.

İlhan Atahan

Sep 29, 2021, 1:16:38 PM9/29/21
to Android-x86
I dont think android uses OpenGL 🤔 , it should be OpenGL ES.

The Tutto Far Tutto

Oct 12, 2021, 8:37:16 AM10/12/21
to Android-x86
Ehm ehm every gpu supported by androidx86 and not whit hardware acceleration use as basic Opengl'es no mattter what version of opengl but Androidx86 the system based graphics is OpenGL'es and you nothing can do to stop like VMware in that case can get blackscreen but like GMA that even display android GUI menas it using Opengl'es maybe even 1.0 and a second thing i tried too on mine intel gma and i get used OpenGL'es 2.0.