GApps missing in built from source 5.1

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 16, 2015, 2:01:34 PM11/16/15
to Android-x86
Hi all,

I have built 5.1 x64 on 2015-11-13 and installed it - the OS does not have g
Google Apps in it (at least not in the apps menu and no Google in Accounts -> Add).

Is this expected or my build is flawed?

I have hit various issues during the build but after I have fixed them I continued with "m -j4 efi_img" (or j1 after I hit "cannot allocate memory" with libwebchromium.so) and in the end the build succeeded.

Dmitry Sutyagin

Nov 16, 2015, 2:19:50 PM11/16/15
to Android-x86
Do I have to use TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=user to have gapps built into the system? I used "eng". Is there a doc page which explains this parameter?

Povilas Staniulis

Nov 16, 2015, 7:15:08 PM11/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think gapps are integrated separately from the main build process. There used to be a script for integrating gapps somewhere.
I usually do it manually by just copying gapps files to system.sfs/system.img image.