Trouble with android x86 storage.

Ryan Humphrey

Dec 30, 2015, 11:27:58 PM12/30/15
to Android-x86
So actually creating a USB stick was a total bust for me.  I tried LInux Live USB Installer, Unetbootin, and others to create one, but it would always fail for various reasons.  I was finally told to simply move the files of the ISO to the partition I want to install it under.  I used sudo mv to move the files over to /android-5.1-rc1, and created  http://paste.ubuntu.com/14304830/ using grub customizer as a boot item.  To my surprise, this actually does boot up android, but oddly, it doesn't reflect the size of the partition I put it on under the Storage menu options in android.  It's only displaying 100MB of available space, not the size of my partition of 18GB.  What am I missing?

rymate1234

Dec 31, 2015, 4:42:17 AM12/31/15
to Android-x86
Putting the ISO files on a partition won't install android x86 - all this will do is make a version of the live CD that's on your hard drive. In order to have the full space of the partition, you'll have to properly install it with the installer option on the live CD.

It might be possible to create a usb stick for android x86 with the dd command in linux, for instance:

dd if=/path/to/androidx86.iso of=/dev/sdb BS=4M && sync

Where /dev/sdb is your usb drive.

On Windows, I tend to use rufus: https://rufus.akeo.ie/.