32-bit 7.1 r2 balky boot

Jay Michael

Dec 22, 2018, 10:40:36 PM12/22/18
to Android-x86
     I have put the 32-bit 7.1 r2 Live on my hard disk.  I boot with grub2.  Several times, when I try to boot, it immediately reboots -- no "Detecting Android..." message.  If I keep selecting the 32-bit 7.1 r2 entry in Grub, on the third or fourth try it boots.

     What can possibly be changing on my hard disk between consecutive boot attempts?

Jay Michael

Dec 23, 2018, 4:28:13 PM12/23/18
to Android-x86
I changed the kernel command line: deleted "quiet", added "verbose".

When it reboots, there are no messages between the initial attempt to boot and the "Dell" logo of the reboot.