When I run Android-x86 in KVM/QEMU environment, is it possible to change the display resolution?

Ye Roger

Mar 11, 2015, 5:20:48 AM3/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It seems there is no parameter to change the display resolution. Anybody has an idea about this? I am using a VirtViewer through spice protocol.

iti...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 12:13:26 PM6/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
在 2015年3月11日星期三 UTC+8下午5:20:48,Ye Roger写道:
> It seems there is no parameter to change the display resolution. Anybody has an idea about this? I am using a VirtViewer through spice protocol.

I also have the same question, and I have modify the file 'menu.lst' to change the screen resolution , but it seem not work. When I use virtviewer, the client window size is not change.

Ribamar Santarosa

Jul 10, 2017, 10:06:29 PM7/10/17
to Android-x86
One more with the same question: how to change the resolution when running with QEMU/kvm?

Does anybody know at least if I should investigate it in the image or if I should make qemu "offer a better hardware" to the image? When exactly is the resolution of the screen detected?

I am using android-x86-5.1-rc1.iso .

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 10, 2017, 10:12:29 PM7/10/17

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-x86/xh65fvLqvtQ/MQn9y6JGAwAJ

> I am using android-x86-5.1-rc1.iso .

This is too old. It doesn't support QEMU well.
Please upgrade to 6.0-r3 or 7.1-rc1.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Ribamar Santarosa

Jul 11, 2017, 12:13:41 PM7/11/17
to Android-x86

I tested using 7.1-rc1.  I confirm that giving the option video=1024x768 (ensured host supports it, with xrandr) to the boot command in grub made it work. With 5.1-rc1 it doesn't work. Will try with 6.0-rc3, because 7.1-rc1 is too slow for my system (I was wondering if the higher resolution would take more computing power, but I tested again  with video=800x600, and it wasn't the case).

Now I am checking how to change the initrd (I hope this is a good start: http://www.android-x86.org/getsourcecode ) so I can make it default.

Thanks.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 11, 2017, 10:16:33 PM7/11/17
to Android-x86
You may add it to BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE in
device/generic/common/BoardConfig.mk