4.4.2 calibration app dont work

David Wolf

Aug 2, 2014, 2:23:15 PM8/2/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i have a problem with my scd t7 touch screen it wont calibrate i tried

You need to add your product name to init_tscal function
of /system/etc/init.sh.
The product name could be found in
/sys/class/dmi/id/product_name

but the ...dmi/id file is emty

i dont know how to get the calibration file working
if you need more informations i will give my best do give them

sry for my bad english

zero^.-
Message has been deleted

David Wolf

Aug 3, 2014, 5:32:28 AM8/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i tryed to get the product_name from the android terminal

"stop zygote" <-- (dont know what it means but i tryed with and without)

"cd /sys/class/dmi/id/"

"ls"

bios_date
product_name

to this point everthing is fine but now

if i try "product_name" i need a higher permission

and if i try "su product_name" nothing happen exept the screen is frozen

ist there a difference between the terminal and alt+f1?

David Wolf

Aug 3, 2014, 9:49:26 AM8/3/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

thats what i tryed
im new here and hope anyone can help me
zero^.-

Ralf ranfyy

Aug 4, 2014, 3:57:28 AM8/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, 3. August 2014 11:32:28 UTC+2 schrieb David Wolf:
i tryed to get the product_name from the android terminal

"stop zygote" <-- (dont know what it means but i tryed with and without)

"cd /sys/class/dmi/id/"

"ls"

bios_date
product_name

to this point everthing is fine but now

if i try "product_name" i need a higher permission

and if i try "su product_name" nothing happen exept the screen is frozen

Don't try to "run" it.
Just show its contents:
$ cat product_name

ist there a difference between the terminal and alt+f1?

I don't think so.

David Wolf

Aug 9, 2014, 10:55:54 AM8/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
okay i tryed it with
"$ cat product_name"/"cat product_name" dont know wich one is the right

but it still dont work the line after cat product_name is empty

Antony Stone

Aug 9, 2014, 11:02:26 AM8/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 09 August 2014 at 16:55:54 (EU time), David Wolf wrote:

> okay i tryed it with
> "$ cat product_name"/"cat product_name" dont know wich one is the right
>
> <https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WYdhSVVAIVU/U-Y15zioJqI/AAAAAAAAAO0/WLR
> ymxkn6DI/s1600/20140805_000212.jpg>

You should not be typing the $ character.

It was included in the instructions below to represent the command prompt, at
which you type the command "cat product_name".

You have the command prompt # because you are root on the machine.

Either way, just type the command "cat product_name" once you are in the
correct directory.

--
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me,
because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know.

- Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defence

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

David Wolf

Aug 9, 2014, 3:12:28 PM8/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com, antony...@android.open.source.it
thank you for spanding your tim on my problem :)
okay now i knew that cat is the comand to put anything from file 1 to file 2
but i dont know how it works exactly

i tryed it like that

i hope you can read it because the terminal is so so small...
i tried
cat /sys/class/dmi/product_name > /system/etc/init.sh
and it says cant write its a read only folder
how can i get it writing?
on the screenshot is a dot behind the "init.sh" but i tryed it without the dot and it says the saim.

it would be perfect if you write the full line how to get the produkt name into the init_tscal funktion of init.sh

You need to add your product name to init_tscal function
of /system/etc/init.sh.
The product name could be found in
/sys/class/dmi/id/product_name

sorry for my bad bad english but i give my best
thank you so mutch!

Mauro Rossi

Aug 12, 2014, 6:47:04 AM8/12/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com, antony...@android.open.source.it
Hi David,

looking at the picture you posted you are using the app for terminal, try in these other ways.
Take a note and rembember that using > /system/etc/init.sh you could only have done damage to that file, you should edited init.sh, not overwrite it.

Pre-requisite: Android-x86 must be installed on a Read-Write partition, or you'll never get the rights to edit/save the file /system/etc/init.sh

[the difficult way]
1. Start in debug mode (using the start-up menu option, this means that you'll have to enter exit command two times in the command shell)
2. Complete the boot
3. Press ALT+F1 and you will switch to command console
4. Now you can edit /system/etc/init.sh file but the only way I know is using vi (this is the hard part)

[the easy way]
1. Turn on your Android-x86 machine
2. Use another PC with Android Debug Bridge installed (ADB) -> search the internet for tutorials if this other PC has Windows OS
3. Connect to Android-x86: adb connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address of your Android-x86 machine)
4. Backup your /system/etc/init.sh file: adb pull /system/etc/init.sh .
5. Retrieve the ID identification code of your touchscreen SDC-T7, using the procedure described in the other thread  "touch screen does is calibrated" in this forum
6. Edit the attached init.sh file and replace 0596:0001 with the ID identification code of your USB touchscreen (if your PC has Windows use NotePad++ as editor, don't use other editors or you may have problems)
7. Copy the patched init.sh to Android-x86 machine: adb push init.sh /system/etc/
8. Check that init.sh is in place: adb shell ls /system/etc/
9. Reboot Android-x86 machine

Let me know if you manage to have you touchscreen working.

BR
Mauro
init.sh

David Wolf

Aug 16, 2014, 11:03:04 AM8/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thank you for your help!
i tried it with the adb connect...
1st problem:now i have the the init.sh and the product_name on my pc but the product_name ist empty
2nd problem:i tryed to past the init.sh without the product name into the android system but the system says no permission
how can i get the product name with this empty file?

David Wolf

Aug 16, 2014, 4:55:06 PM8/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

here some screens

i ve done no edit or anything... i tryed to push the same "init.sh" i put before and there is no permission

system in debug mode with 2 times exit...

i found this line in the endless world of google searching

"cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name"

what is it standing for

by the way my system wont do anything with this line

thanks for spending so mutch time on my problem

david

Mauro Rossi

Aug 16, 2014, 10:59:44 PM8/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

|   I've done no edit or anything... i tryed to push the same "init.sh" i put before and there is no permission

In order to be able to write, it is a manadatory prerequisite to have Android-x86 installed on an Hard Disk or USB drive with the Read/Write option enabled (You can see the when you actually perforn the installation to a dedicated drive).

If you are trying to rewrite init.sh file after booting in LiveCD, that's not possible

i found this line in the endless world of google searching

"cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name"

what is it standing for

cat is to show a file's content, it's like type command in DOS

by the way my system wont do anything with this line

thanks for spending so mutch time on my problem

david

It can happen that DMI information is not present for some mainboards.

DMI Product Name is meant to be there for recent Tablets/Netbooks/Laptops, but what computing HW are you using?

If you are using a generic PC (like I am) and you are connecting an USB touchscreen, then the DMI product name (of your PC) is meaningless, the important thing is that the USB touchscreen itself is recognized by Android-x86 init.sh.

If you provide the USB device ID (not the DMI product name that in your and mine case is void/meaningless), you can have working calibration setup and app.
Now coming to David's problem, SDC-T7 is not a tablet or a laptop product having a TS, but it is a 7 inch monitor with embedded USB touchscreen, isn't It?

If that's the case, you should identify the ID of your touchscreen by following this easy procedure:

1. switch to command shell by pressing ALT+F1
2. unplug usb cable of your SDC-T7 (7 inch monitor+touchscreen, correct?)
3. plug usb cable again and you'll see IdVendor=XXXX and IdProduct=YYYY, this codes can also be extracted using Windows OS (VID and PID)
4. The ID of your device is XXXX:YYYY (replace with the alfanumeric strings you'll see at step 3.

If you collect a snapshot of screen after you have done step 2, 3 (in debug mode), it will be easy to update latest version of init.sh script, tackling exactly your problem.

M.

David Wolf

Aug 17, 2014, 7:58:16 AM8/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hello there

my system is a mini itx motherboard with a 7" usb touch screen and a 180 GB hard drive
the android x86 system is installed and not running from a live cd/usb.. or something

thanks for your help ive done plug out and in like you sayed in debug mode here are the screens

what ive done to i put the 1235:1745 into the init.sh

ive done it with a usb sttick and root explorrer not with adb connect i hope there is no difference

here is a screen from my init.sh on pc and on my android

i saved it and tryed to calibrate but nothing :(

it still wont work

and it still wont work after a reboot

i hpüe we will get it working today :)

thanks david

Mauro Rossi

Aug 17, 2014, 10:34:48 AM8/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Please, consider step 4 in my last mail.

The sequence 1235:1745 you used is not the USB device identifier - those numbers are referred to binder transaction - the correct string is 0eef:0001

Have a nice calibration
Cheers

M.

David Wolf

Aug 17, 2014, 11:38:15 AM8/17/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thank you for your help now it works!
this is awesom! :)
the last one was my misstake...
great job!
i will write a german instruction for all of the germans who have the same problems with her car pc and her english :-P

and now i have a nice calibration ;)

david