I try to install "Android-x86 4.4r2" on my "Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 8" using Virtualbox - Cannot install or run live cd

Patchie Patch

Jan 15, 2015, 3:25:48 PM1/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I have a "lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 8" with a Intel Atom, 2gb ram, 128gb SSD and win 8.1 pro.
I boot the VM, and it goes into the first menu, where i can choose to install or run live cd, but when i choose one of those 4 options, it just restarts
this is the menu i get into: http://oi60.tinypic.com/25jfuvq.jpg
This is the settings i have got in my virtualbox: http://oi62.tinypic.com/dzw22x.jpg
any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Sean Kurth

Jan 17, 2015, 11:15:08 AM1/17/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know you *can't* install Android 4.4 r2. I remember when it was released on January 1st the forum post by Chih-Wei Huang, he said it was still to buggy and unstable for daily use and even *he* couldn't get it to install, a Live USB is the best he was able to get running and the same might be true for you. There's a small list of supported devices that *should* work now, but its not even a page long and I don't think it includes your's.

Patchie

Jan 19, 2015, 9:47:17 PM1/19/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, thanks for the update. Is it another version that would be better for me to try? Or should i wait for a more stable release?

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Sean Kurth <sean...@gmail.com> wrote:
As far as I know you *can't* install Android 4.4 r2. I remember when it was released on January 1st the forum post by Chih-Wei Huang, he said it was still to buggy and unstable for daily use and even *he* couldn't get it to install, a Live USB is the best he was able to get running and the same might be true for you. There's a small list of supported devices that *should* work now, but its not even a page long and I don't think it includes your's.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 20, 2015, 1:49:17 AM1/20/15
to Android-x86
> Ahh, thanks for the update. Is it another version that would be better for
> me to try? Or should i wait for a more stable release?

What error did you encounter exactly?
Since you tested it on virtualbox, it's almost nothing
to do with what your host is (except the CPU).
Probably your download is broken?

Most people have run android-x86 on virtualbox successfully.
You can find a lot of video teaching you how to install on the Youtube.

David May

Jan 22, 2015, 1:58:29 AM1/22/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The latest android-x86 4.4 r2 image does not run on my VirtualBox either; it boots but
fails to connect to Google.  My image checksum matches the published checksum  for
the android-x86-4.4-r2.iso: 67867c7990c3c0bbd01cadecf18188701b53315f.
My VM was configured as per the HOWTO published on the android-x86 website.
Also, my android-x86 4.4 r1 image does boot on the same VM and it connects to Google.

I have reported this problem in issue tracker report number 1658.

hashirt

Jan 22, 2015, 11:45:07 AM1/22/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tried a lot to get it work too.Out of 50 tries 1 of them booted and installed, then with same settings I couldn't boot it up again.  After so many kernel panics I gave up.

Freeing unused kernel memory: 532K (c17a8000 - c102d000)
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000004
Kernel Offset: 0x0 from 0xc1000000 (relocation range: 0xc0000000-0xf07effff)
Rebooting in 5 seconds...

Tiago Costa

Jan 25, 2015, 7:30:02 PM1/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com, pat...@gmail.com
Do you have Hyper-V extensions enabled? If the answer is yes, then you must disable it at boot time, by creating a new boot option:

Maybe this is your problem.

Gerhard

May 13, 2015, 9:25:14 PM5/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com, pat...@gmail.com
Hi Ptchi I have tue same tablet.I can Boot the r2 Rom form a USB Stick. Bug I have than no Wifi, nobluetooth, no GPS, no UMTS, np cammera and so on. While booten Iget a meesg
MP-BIOS Bug:8254 timet not commected to IOPCIi.

Theo Android Os running. But the Android xc
Gerhard