JELLYBEAN error??? huh

Kevin Peterson

Feb 9, 2016, 7:08:07 PM2/9/16
to Android-x86
I've build many different releases but first time having an issue. I tried building the JellyBean release and got this error :/ I used

make -j4 iso_img TARGET_PRODUCT=android_x86

since I thought the target was android_x86 for the JB release?

Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/proc
Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/sys
Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/system
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/x86/kernel', needed by `out/target/product/x86/android_x86.iso'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Directory: out/target/product/x86/root/data
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Kevin Peterson

Feb 9, 2016, 7:11:28 PM2/9/16
to Android-x86
okay so it has nothing to do with the TARGET_PRODUCT (tried "generic_x86")

It keeps saying this:

Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Antony Stone

Feb 9, 2016, 7:15:01 PM2/9/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 10 February 2016 at 01:11:28, Kevin Peterson wrote:

> okay so it has nothing to do with the TARGET_PRODUCT (tried "generic_x86")
>
> It keeps saying this:
>
> Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
> Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

What further information do you get when you try that?

Antony.

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kevin Peterson

Feb 10, 2016, 2:00:24 PM2/10/16
to Android-x86, Antony...@android.open.source.it
Hey Anthony,

Yea no matter what I do I keep getting this same error below. It seems to be something to do with JELLYBEAN source code since I built the other releases with not problem.

Any idea??? Seems to be related to the Kernel but I'm flabbergasted.

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/x86/kernel', needed by `out/target/product/x86/android_x86.iso'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
host C: mkbootfs <= system/core/cpio/mkbootfs.c
rm out/target/product/x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmesa_dri_common_intermediates/xmlpool/sv.po out/target/product/x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmesa_dri_common_intermediates/xmlpool/fr.po out/target/product/x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmesa_dri_common_intermediates/xmlpool/es.po out/target/product/x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmesa_dri_common_intermediates/xmlpool/de.po out/target/product/x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libmesa_dri_common_intermediates/xmlpool/nl.po