Bluetooth dies on disable

Terry Poulin

Sep 13, 2013, 2:22:43 PM9/13/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Issue:

    I'm trying to discover why disabling Bluetooth "Breaks" it. Turning it off functionally results in the toggle in the Settings app getting locked to the "On" position and things don't work, e.g. search or make discoverable. Dead horse. Socket stuff then starts blowing up in the logs. So far I've been unsuccessful in trying to find and fix the cause.

Best Guess:

    I see in the logs a lot of messages like this:

        09-12 23:41:25.507  1779  1779 W ContextImpl: Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.bindService:1439 android.content.ContextWrapper.bindService:496 android.bluetooth.BluetoothInputDevice.<init>:240 android.bluetooth.BluetoothAdapter.getProfileProxy:1168 com.android.settings.bluetooth.LocalBluetoothAdapter.getProfileProxy:94

Which I assume isn't supposed to be there and is either related or the cause. Notes of crashed Bluetooth services are in the log as well and seem to match up. But I don't know how to change this. packges/apps/{Bluetooth,Settings}/AndroidManifest.xml seems to be correct, various stuff in the installations /system/etc/perissions seem the same as my ARM devices.

Attached:

    grep -E blue\|bt data/log.txt

    System was booted, Bluetooth disabled, then Wi-Fi disabled and powered off. All the stuff in bt-stack.conf was set to log level 5.
blue4.log