single touch touchscreen no longer working

Daniel Kenzelmann

Jun 22, 2018, 3:56:20 PM6/22/18
to Android-x86
Hi,

in older versions, i proposed a patch to recognize single-touch touchscreens that emit a BTN_LEFT instead of BTN_TOUCH
That was included in the following commit:

However with 8.1-rc1, the touchscreen is only used as a mouse again.

Is there any chance to apply that kind of patch and make my touchscreen work again?

Thanks,
Daniel

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 24, 2018, 11:17:26 PM6/24/18
to Android-x86
> Hi,
> in older versions, i proposed a patch to recognize single-touch touchscreens
> that emit a BTN_LEFT instead of BTN_TOUCH
> That was included in the following commit:
> https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/scm/git/frameworks-native/commits/08ad017dc59bfc7dc93f4eb2d5348f9b0c6ae877

Your patch has already been applied to 8.1-rc1 as you've pointed out.
Or is there anything I missed?

> However with 8.1-rc1, the touchscreen is only used as a mouse again.
> Is there any chance to apply that kind of patch and make my touchscreen work
> again?

What's dumpsys input say?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Daniel Kenzelmann

Jun 25, 2018, 2:53:07 PM6/25/18
to Android-x86
Output is attached..
dump.txt

Daniel Kenzelmann

Jul 7, 2018, 4:23:00 AM7/7/18
to Android-x86

Any idea what could be wrong?
It's the same touchscreen as I was using with older android-x86 versions but now it seems to be used as relative input instead of absolute.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 8, 2018, 12:04:16 AM7/8/18
to Android-x86
Indeed it's treated as a touch input with type pointer device:

Device 10: 3M 3M MicroTouch USB controller
Generation: 25
IsExternal: true
HasMic: false
Sources: 0x00002002
KeyboardType: 0
Motion Ranges:
X: source=0x00002002, min=0.000, max=1023.000, flat=0.000,
fuzz=0.000, resolution=0.000
Y: source=0x00002002, min=0.000, max=767.000, flat=0.000,
fuzz=0.000, resolution=0.000
PRESSURE: source=0x00002002, min=0.000, max=1.000, flat=0.000,
fuzz=0.000, resolution=0.000
Touch Input Mapper (mode - pointer):
Parameters:
GestureMode: multi-touch
DeviceType: pointer
AssociatedDisplay: hasAssociatedDisplay=true,
isExternal=false, displayId=''
OrientationAware: false

I don't know why. Probably because some kernel changes.
Maybe you can override that by an idc file:

https://source.android.com/devices/input/touch-devices

Daniel Kenzelmann

Jul 8, 2018, 12:04:33 PM7/8/18
to Android-x86
Excellent, the idc file worked, thanks!!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 8, 2018, 8:16:16 PM7/8/18
to Android-x86
> Excellent, the idc file worked, thanks!!

Great! Please provide the idc file.
I'll add it.

ma...@xemi.net

Jul 11, 2018, 2:17:52 AM7/11/18
to Android-x86
Unrelated to his problem, but the following IDC is needed for mouse to work properly on hyper-v.
Vendor_045e_Product_0621.idc

Daniel Kenzelmann

Jul 11, 2018, 2:23:04 AM7/11/18
to Android-x86
Hi,

If I remember correctly I just created the file called
3M_3M_MicroTouch_USB_controller.idc
with the following value inside:
touch.deviceType = touchScreen

(Had to create on the device itself using vi and already wiped it to test the CM/LineageOS builds thus can't put the original here..)

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 10, 2018, 4:00:58 AM8/10/18
to Android-x86
> Hi,
> If I remember correctly I just created the file called
> 3M_3M_MicroTouch_USB_controller.idc
> with the following value inside:
> touch.deviceType = touchScreen

Sorry to forget it.