64-bit 7.1 r2 mouse freezes, system crashes

Jay Michael

Dec 20, 2018, 3:14:24 AM12/20/18
to Android-x86
     When I boot the 64-bit 7.1 r2 Live (from my hard drive, or from a thumb drive), within a few minutes of completing the initial screens (questions, checking for updates, checking some more), the pointer freezes -- it does not respond to mouse movement.  Soon after, the system crashes and reboots.

     The 32-bit version seems to run well -- I have only tried Live with no persistence, so I didn't answer the questions or install apps, but it definitely ran longer than the 64-bit version ever did.

     I have installed a Live 64-bit 6 and run it extensively.

Jay Michael

Jan 21, 2019, 5:57:49 PM1/21/19
to Android-x86
     When I copy the ISO contents to a thumb drive, it boots and runs.  I did not give it a GMail address, I didn't download any apps, but I poked around much longer than the time it took to freeze and die in my previous attempts.

     When I added a "data.img" file to the directory on my hard disk, booted, and *did* give it a GMail address, it seemed to run OK.  Again, I didn't download any apps, but I poked around waiting for the freeze and die that never happened.  When I rebooted a day later (now), it came up with a black background on the home screen, but otherwise seems to be working.

     Why does the ISO file run, but taking the five files from the ISO file and putting them on my hard disk seems to require a "data.img" file (and maybe a GMail address)?

     Why did the background color of the home screen change from purple to black?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 24, 2019, 8:39:12 AM1/24/19
to Android-x86
Jay Michael <jmicha...@gmail.com> 於 2019年1月22日 週二 上午6:57寫道:

> When I copy the ISO contents to a thumb drive, it boots and runs. I did not give it a GMail address, I didn't download any apps, but I poked around much longer than the time it took to freeze and die in my previous attempts.
>
> When I added a "data.img" file to the directory on my hard disk, booted, and *did* give it a GMail address, it seemed to run OK. Again, I didn't download any apps, but I poked around waiting for the freeze and die that never happened. When I rebooted a day later (now), it came up with a black background on the home screen, but otherwise seems to be working.
>
> Why does the ISO file run, but taking the five files from the ISO file and putting them on my hard disk seems to require a "data.img" file (and maybe a GMail address)?

data.img is used to save your user data.
Without the system can also run in live mode.
That is, all data are saved to RAM and will lose after power off.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project