Audio not working via HDMI - Headphone jack is ok

Torben Strom Petersen

Feb 15, 2015, 10:52:06 AM2/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have successfully installed Android x84 4.4R2 on my HP Chromebox and all seems to work well with the exception of audio via the HDMI port.

Since I am no expert in Linux, I would appreciate any feedback which could help me in solving this problem.

Br,

Torben

Stefan Svensson

Feb 15, 2015, 3:25:17 PM2/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem with my Intel NUC.... : /

Torben Strom Petersen

Feb 24, 2015, 10:49:43 AM2/24/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Can any one confirm whether they have sound working via HDMI on Android X86 4.4R2?

Perhaps this feature is mot  currently supported?

Best regards,

Torben

Angus Fox

Feb 25, 2015, 5:19:36 AM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have been unable to get sound on Android-x86 4.4-r2 (KitKat-x86) via HDMI on my baytrail based (Android reports model number as byt_m_crb) device booted from USB. It works via headphone jack. Audio over HDMi works on the pre-installed Android-IA 4.4.4.

I need to make it dual boot to have both Android-x86 and Android-IA for testing purposes but can't get the old USB drive I have to boot the new Android and I don't want to blow away the internal disk. I was going to install Ubuntu on an external boot drive to back up the internal drive before repartitioning unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I would prefer to use Android-x86 than Android-IA and while the audio thing isn't a killer for my requirements it would be good for it to be functional.

Angus