OpenGL on VM (Virtualbox or VMware)

Thirumalaisamy K

Feb 23, 2015, 9:11:48 AM2/23/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have tried the latest 4.4r2 on both VMware & Virtualbox. But, In both VMs Clash of Clans was crashing eventhough I have already installed houdini. In logs I have observed the following runtime error is appeared before crash

E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 236
E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.supercell.clashofclans, PID: 4100
E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No configs match configSpec
E AndroidRuntime: at com.supercell.titan.g.chooseConfig(Unknown Source)
E AndroidRuntime: at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.start(GLSurfaceView.java:1024)
E AndroidRuntime: at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1401)
E AndroidRuntime: at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1240)
E audio_hw_primary: pcm_open(out) failed: cannot set hw params: Invalid argument
W ActivityManager: Force finishing activity com.supercell.clashofclans/.GameApp

I have checked the about tablet screen as well. OpenGL driver is marked as "null"

Almost all other emulators can run without any issue.
Will Android-x86 will get openGL support for VM like VMware or Virtulbox?

Aaron Wang

Feb 24, 2015, 10:22:56 AM2/24/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's right.
AOSP emulator implement GPU accelerate by forward opengl to the host.
You can find it in libemulation.so. in device/generic/goldfish/opengl
Follow is the opengl accelerate design.
by default, libemulation.so forward all opengl to "qemu-pipe". You can modify HostConnection.cpp make it connect to a host socket. so, you can process it youself.

在 2015年2月23日星期一 UTC+8下午10:11:48,Thirumalaisamy K写道:

Thirumalaisamy K

Feb 24, 2015, 1:54:49 PM2/24/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean that I have to recompile from the sources after modifying HostConnection.cpp?
I am not a programmer. Just an user...!!!

Aaron Wang

Feb 25, 2015, 10:42:54 AM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Genymotion is good for normal user, I think.
Rishi Ranjan has resolve this problem. Maybe he has the entire solution.

在 2015年2月25日星期三 UTC+8上午2:54:49,Thirumalaisamy K写道:

Thirumalaisamy K

Feb 26, 2015, 3:36:39 PM2/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have tried Genymotion too. It has same issue after installing ARM translation libraries.

Fajar A. Nugraha

Mar 2, 2015, 4:12:05 AM3/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
If you only want "something than can run android apps nicely,
including native arm apps, with acceptable 3D performance under
windows", try amiduos. It should already include 3d and arm
translation by default. Other additional features (e.g. gapps) can be
enabled after installation: http://amiduos.com/nextsteps

--
Fajar