Problems resuming from sleep (on Linx 1010b Tablet)

linxtab linxtab

Jul 31, 2021, 11:01:07 AM7/31/21
to Android-x86

Hi,

I own a Linx 1010b tablet based on the Bay Trail chipset, and for years I've had difficulty getting Android X86 (or regular Linux) to work properly on it. The main issue has been a flaky wi-fi connection caused by a buggy Realtek RTL8723BS Linux driver.

A couple of days ago, I had a go at installing Android X86 8.1-r6, and it's been a revelation. For the first time, Android X86 is very close to being usable on this tablet. The display now (mostly) rotates properly, and even the issues related to the RTL8723BS wi-fi driver appear to have been fixed.

However, there is one outstanding serious problem - the tablet won't resume properly from a sleep state.  I suspect that the screen is remaining black instead of the tablet actually crashing. But I'm not 100% certain of that.

I've tried various fixes suggested on this forum. The only fix that has (mostly) worked is when I execute the following command in a terminal:

echo test >/sys/power/wake_lock

So as a temporary measure, I've added this command to the Linx 1010b section of /etc/init.sh, and this means the tablet is now usable.

However, this fix also presumably causes the battery to drain faster. So I don't consider this to be a permanent solution.

Also, on one occasion, the tablet crashed even with the above fix in place. I was repeatedly pressing the on button to test bringing the tablet in and out of a sleep state and it suddenly froze. But this time it was frozen with the screen on. This has only happened once, so I'm not really sure whether it's related to the sleep issue, or is a red-herring.

Can anyone suggest a better way to prevent the tablet from crashing when it resumes from sleep?

Thanks in advance.