Porting Android Pie X86 R2 to Android TV X86

Mi Box

Mar 26, 2020, 6:53:46 PM3/26/20
to Android-x86
II am trying to port latest pie x86 r2 to android tv os but the system does not allow me to replace settings.apk  with tvsettings.apk. Something is blocking installation of tvsettings.apk even iwhen settings.apk is uninstalled. Any recommendation to solve this issue. By the way I am not linux/android expert for me it is just like hobby

Iam Bryan

Mar 26, 2020, 7:20:53 PM3/26/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Did already you made it before?

Em qui., 26 de mar. de 2020 às 19:53, Mi Box <mbox...@gmail.com> escreveu:
II am trying to port latest pie x86 r2 to android tv os but the system does not allow me to replace settings.apk  with tvsettings.apk. Something is blocking installation of tvsettings.apk even iwhen settings.apk is uninstalled. Any recommendation to solve this issue. By the way I am not linux/android expert for me it is just like hobby

Mitchel Stewart

Mar 27, 2020, 3:11:49 AM3/27/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
make sure all the packages are signed its a shame that the gapps team doesnt allow you to compile atvgapps like other gapps variants

Mi Box

Apr 29, 2020, 6:43:45 AM4/29/20
to Android-x86
Is there really no one who can help me on this issue ? Is this group not for sharing the experience !!!

27 Mart 2020 Cuma 01:53:46 UTC+3 tarihinde Mi Box yazdı:
II am trying to port latest pie x86 r2 to android tv os but the system does not allow me to replace settings.apk  with tvsettings.apk. Something is blocking installation of tvsettings.apk even iwhen settings.apk is uninstalled. Any recommendation to solve this issue. By the way I am not linux/android expert for me it is just like hobby

Francescodario Cuzzocrea

Apr 29, 2020, 7:08:40 AM4/29/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to root and remount system as rw to modify system partition but I guess that this will not going to work either.

I think the best solution here would be to modify the device trees of Android x86 sources to do an android x86 ATV build.

For instance if you wanna build LineageOS 16 atv build using Android x86 BSP that would probably work as they put effort into supporting ATV builds for Nvidia foster and Asus fugu

Mi Box

Mitchel Stewart

May 3, 2020, 5:17:10 PM5/3/20
to Android-x86
You need to realize its not a simple taskYou need someone to have the experience to share, I already told you to make sure the packages are signed which they are not by default, have you done so?

Mi Box

May 4, 2020, 4:28:41 PM5/4/20
to Android-x86
thanks for the answer. as I mentioned before I am not android expert its just a hooby for me. What  I  need is just replace settings.apk  in adroid pie x86 r2 (android x86.org build) with tvsetting.apk. I have already replaced priv-app and app with tvgapps. Basicaly I have a smooth running Android Tv x86 Pie and works well but I can not enter settings because system does not allow me to install it. And I am sure there is a simple solution to instal it

Rob Ballantyne

May 5, 2020, 8:41:21 AM5/5/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com
TvSettings is part of aosp. You should just build it and ensure its an included package.

I have a version here https://github.com/android-tv-x86/packages-apps-TvSettings which has the native bridge settings ported from the android-x86 project.

It's not working properly though, developer settings is broken and I've not had chance to debug it yet and root stuff is also not ported.

Mitchel Stewart

May 7, 2020, 12:13:46 PM5/7/20
to Android-x86
Can you post instructions on how you have accomplished it? we would need to replicate this, any modifications you made as even little things can make a big difference, if you have a github I can try to see if I can help out.

Mi Box

May 9, 2020, 10:38:41 AM5/9/20
to Android-x86
First I have installed pie x86 r2 via rufus,  downloaded latest opengaps atv build, replaced existing app and priv-app folder with the ones from opengaps and I copied all other files in the opengapps to relevant places, edited build.prop ( changed tablet to tv)

Mitchel Stewart

May 9, 2020, 11:09:44 AM5/9/20
to andro...@googlegroups.com

İlker YILDIZ

May 10, 2020, 4:59:30 AM5/10/20
to Android-x86
how do you do replace files in open_gapp.zip? install open_gapp.zip

open_gapps-x86_64-8.1-tvstock-20200508.zip

flies list in gapps-remove.txt

/system/app/AtvWidget
/system/app/Backdrop
/system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
/system/app/GoogleExtShared
/system/app/LandscapeWallpaper
/system/app/LeanbackIme
/system/app/Music2Pano
/system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate
/system/app/PlayGames
/system/app/SecondScreenSetup
/system/app/SecondScreenSetupAuthBridge
/system/app/VideosPano
/system/app/WebViewGoogle
/system/app/YouTubeLeanback
/system/app/talkback
/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.pano.v1.xml
/system/etc/permissions/com.google.android.tv.installed.xml
/system/etc/permissions/com.google.widevine.software.drm.xml
/system/etc/permissions/privapp-permissions-atv.xml
/system/etc/sysconfig/google.xml
/system/etc/sysconfig/google_atv.xml
/system/etc/sysconfig/google_build.xml
/system/priv-app/AndroidMediaShell
/system/priv-app/AtvRemoteService
/system/priv-app/CanvasPackageInstaller
/system/priv-app/ConfigUpdater
/system/priv-app/GoogleBackupTransport
/system/priv-app/GoogleExtServices
/system/priv-app/GooglePackageInstaller
/system/priv-app/GoogleServicesFramework
/system/priv-app/Katniss
/system/priv-app/LeanbackLauncher
/system/priv-app/Overscan
/system/priv-app/PrebuiltGmsCorePano
/system/priv-app/RecommendationsService
/system/priv-app/SetupWraithPrebuilt
/system/priv-app/TV
/system/priv-app/TVLauncher
/system/priv-app/TVRecommendations
/system/priv-app/Tubesky

Mitchel Stewart

May 10, 2020, 12:25:36 PM5/10/20
to Android-x86
Either one by one, or make a script to sort them into appropriate folders, then you just mount the system partition and copy them over you may been to manually sign them

Mitchel Stewart

May 10, 2020, 2:24:05 PM5/10/20
to Android-x86
I made a short script to sort the files based on the list you posted, it should work

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 4:59:30 AM UTC-4, İlker YILDIZ wrote:
gapps-sort.sh

Mitchel Stewart

May 10, 2020, 5:18:00 PM5/10/20
to Android-x86
Sorry made a bad script, this one is also better detailed so you can tweak it to your needs better
gapps-sort.sh

Mitchel Stewart

May 12, 2020, 4:49:59 PM5/12/20
to Android-x86
I tried to replicate it, but you would need to post semi detailed instructions on what you did so we can follow along and try it out