Computer won't boot after changing to ART from Dalvik

Rob Cosentino

Jan 12, 2015, 3:53:10 AM1/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

Well, everything was running just about flawlessly until I started poking around the developer settings. I mainly run musical instrument/synthesizer apps and like everyone else, I'm battling the latency issue. I did some reading and read that ART would be better for low latency in the long run, so I figured what the hell and just said lets try it. I didn't think that it would screw up anything and if I didn't like it I would just revert back to Dalvik. Obviously I was wrong and now I can't boot back in. It just hangs on the android logo. I let it go for at least 2 hrs while I went grocery shopping.

So is there's a file I can edit to make it boot back into Dalvik? I've spent a few hours on it, no joy. Unfortunately, I'm still an amateur Linux user and a lot of the commands I know don't work in android. I can easily re-install but I figured I'd ask first... plus this way, I'm learning :)

Thanks in advance!
Rob

System specs:
CPU = Intel E8500 Dual Core 3.2 GHZ
MoBo = Gigabyte P45T-ES3G
RAM = 4 Gig DDR3 1066/1600
GPU = ATI Radeon HD 3450
Display = Hanspree HT231 10-Point multi-touch 23"
Android x86 4.4.2r2

Miker

Jan 12, 2015, 8:56:14 AM1/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

I've read that when you go ART you can't go back. But a dev might know of a setting somewhere...

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 12, 2015, 11:42:17 AM1/12/15
to Android-x86
Try

echo -n libdvm.so > /data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib
> --

Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org