Changes needed in some init scripts to support flash based storage on some tablets

sarma...@yahoo.com

Jan 8, 2014, 5:38:18 PM1/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I spent some time trying to run android-x86 on an Asus T100.  It's a tablet/laptop using the Intel Bay Trail processor.
One of the things i noticed when trying to do an android-x86 install on it was that several of the scripts in bootable/newinstaller use versions of this regex to find drives/paritions '[hs]d[a-z]'  This caused a problem on the T100 because the internal drive shows up as mmcblk0 with partitions named mmcblk0p[0-9].
The affected files i found were:
bootable/newinstaller/initrd/init
bootable/newinstaller/install/scripts/1-install
external/grub/util/grub-install.in
external/grub/util/grub-install (which i assume would be fixed by fixing grub-install.in)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 9, 2014, 8:57:38 AM1/9/14
to Android-x86
2014/1/9 <sarma...@yahoo.com>:
> I spent some time trying to run android-x86 on an Asus T100. It's a
> tablet/laptop using the Intel Bay Trail processor.
> One of the things i noticed when trying to do an android-x86 install on it
> was that several of the scripts in bootable/newinstaller use versions of
> this regex to find drives/paritions '[hs]d[a-z]' This caused a problem on
> the T100 because the internal drive shows up as mmcblk0 with partitions
> named mmcblk0p[0-9].

Thank you for the info.
I'm working on it.