hp mini 210 2290sf broadcom 43xx wifi

Erdin Omanovic

Jul 7, 2014, 8:30:02 PM7/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I tried installing 4.4 RC2 on my hp mini 210, on its hard disk (an ext 3 partition). After solving the "no sound issue" (alsamixer + changing init.sh), I noticed that wifi worked only the first time.
Its wl module has something wrong, I suppose.

lscpi -k | grep wl
01:00.0 Class 0280: 14e4:4727 wl

lsmod | grep wl
wl 3980569 0 - Live 0x000000000 (P)
lib80211 3716 2 lib80211_crypt_tkip,wl, Live 0x000000000
cfg80211 3338493 1 wl, Live 0x000000000

modinfo wl
filename:           kernel/drivers/net/wireless/wl/wl.ko
alias:                pci:v*d*sv*sd*bc02sc80i*
srcversion:        C4828B431D1F97D2A4EEF9A7
depends:          cfg80211,lib80211
vermagic:          3.10.40-android-x86+ SMP preempt mod_unload modversions PENTIUMM

logcat -d | grep -i wifi
D/ConnectivityService( 1626): wifiOnly=false
I/WifiService( 1626): WifiService starting up with Wi-Fi disabled
E/WifiStateMachine( 1626): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: command '4 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '501 4 SoftAP command has failed'
D/WifiMonitor( 1626): startMonitoring(wlan0) with mConnected = false
D/WifiConfigStore( 1626): Loading config and enabling all networks
E/WifiConfigStore( 1626): Error parsing configurationjava.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
D/PicasaUploader( 2040):     wifiOnnlyPhoto changed to true
D/PicasaUploader( 2040):     wifiOnnlyVideo changed to true
D/Finsky  ( 2551): [1] CheckWifiAndAutoUpdate.cancelChack: Cancelling auto-update wifi check.

netcgf
lo UP...sit0 DOWN...eth0 UP...wlan0 UP...ip6tnl0 DOWN

I don't know if these bring enough for thinking of a solution ?
Thank you for any help / advice
Cheers

rbg

Jul 7, 2014, 11:15:07 PM7/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
don't think there is any broadcom wifi enabled in kernel for RC2 / RC1

Erdin Omanovic

Jul 8, 2014, 4:08:43 AM7/8/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your reply, rbg. Is there any way to find the code of RC2 and compile the kernel with broadcom wifi enabled ?
If there is a howto, I propose to do it and give back the result for sharing here.
Thanx again

Antony Stone

Jul 9, 2014, 5:35:15 AM7/9/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 08 July 2014 at 10:08:42, Erdin Omanovic wrote:

> Is there any way to find the code of RC2 and compile the kernel with broadcom
> wifi enabled ?
> If there is a howto, I propose to do it and give back the result for
> sharing here.

I too would be very interested to know where to get the source code and how to
compile it myself.

I think it might help greatly to get Android-x86 working on more platforms
(and working with more devices on those platforms) if we can try out our own
patches and submit them upstream once we get them working.

Regards,

Antony.

--
APL [is a language], in which you can write a program to simulate shuffling a
deck of cards and then dealing them out to several players, in four

- David Given

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

rbg

Oct 7, 2014, 5:03:14 AM10/7/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
For those who had repeated BroadComm WiFi issues, a new test build
available here:

WARNING: If you want to give it a try, keep in mind that:
 - These changes may contain bugs that could cause DATA LOSS
 - The hybrid wl driver has been replaced by the open source drivers
     BRCMSMAC/b43

Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU WERE ADVISED

Please identify your broadcom chip (works/doesn't work):

  on linux use lspci -k

  on windows use device manager

my only available test device linksys WMP54G(v3) worked fine....need more test cases(devices)