Install with out the installer?

michael colvin

Mar 1, 2014, 4:11:41 AM3/1/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've got a spare computer with Ubuntu 12.4 as the OS.  I cleared up some space and want to place android on the new partition. Unfortunately the installer can't seem to find the hard drive.
I did do an install to a thumb drive but it is SO slow. Is there a tool that can install it while under Ubuntu or possibly copy from the thumb drive to the partition?

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 2, 2014, 8:50:08 PM3/2/14
to Android-x86
Yes. You just need to copy the /android-xxxxx dir into
your hard drive and setup the boot-loader.
Read the webpage for more info.

However, I'm afraid the problem is the android-x86 kernel
isn't configured to recognize your hard drive.
You may need to figure out what driver it uses,
enable the driver and rebuild the kernel.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

michael colvin

Mar 5, 2014, 6:12:21 AM3/5/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help.  Copied the files and got Grub setup. Loads the kernel but it just sits there looking for android running '.' across the screen.
So the kernel must not have the driver active.
I see there is a section on the website about building a kernel, I'll give that a look through before asking any more questions.