Stuck at "Assigning IP Address"

midi jari

Apr 13, 2014, 12:57:38 PM4/13/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody :)
I have a Sony VAIO S, and it comes w/ win 8 preinstalled and UEFI enabled so there is GPT partitioned disk. I installed Linux Mint and followed this topic and this one, and w/ both methods I can't access to any WiFi network, because I get stuck in "Assigning IP Address" if I boot Android from UEFI from the internal disk. BUT when I boot it from an external disk w/ legacy BIOS I can get WiFi working perfectly, and I use the kernel w/o <efivar> problem.
I have Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235 (WiFi+BT combo).
Thanks to any help :)

Douglas Santillan A.

Apr 14, 2014, 1:25:25 AM4/14/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

It may be dhcpcd-run-hooks permission related. You may try chmod 755 or a root explorer providing execute permission for all.

File location /system/etc/dhcpcd.

Make sure that system is mounted rw, apply and check if this solves it for you.

midi jari

Apr 15, 2014, 2:07:23 PM4/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot it worked!