inputattach module: compiling custom from source for Android x86 4.4.4

Diodosvet

Jan 28, 2022, 9:58:38 AM1/28/22
to Android-x86
 Hello everybody!
I'm trying to make working together Asus EEEPC 901 (intel atom), running KitKat 4.4.4 and external monitor with serial touchscreen.

This one is equipped with FT serial-> USB converter, so I use ftdi_sio.ko module to get it as ttyUSB0:
modprobe ftdi_sio

Next step is using inputattach module to get it considered as input device:

su
inputattach -dump /dev/ttyUSB0&

So, I've got some hex numbers running on the sceen  while I moved my finger from one corner to another

But what to do next?

Vendor of the panel is Jastec
inputattach module has no custom
-jastec
mode, best results can be obtained using it as follows:
inputattach -mtouch /dev/ttyUSB0&

but in this mode X-axis is flipped and "screen resolution" is VERY different from real, so even if I make
MicroTouch_Serial_TouchScreen.idc file and put into it such content:
# Basic Parameters
touch.deviceType = touchScreen  (or "default" if I want to see circles chaotically moving across the screen)
#
touch.orientationAware = 1

# Touch Size
touch.touchSize.calibration = default

# Tool Size
touch.toolSize.calibration = default

# Pressure
touch.pressure.calibration = default

# Size
touch.size.calibration = default

# Orientation
touch.orientation.calibration = none

device.internal = 0

and run built-in calibration program ,  it produces such as   /data/misc/tscal/pointercal file:

65741 788 -481414 -387 65283 779061 65536 1024 768

(Sure, I previously have made necessary modification of init.sh by adding in it my device:  901 in corrsponding section of init_tscal ()   function )

So I understand that it can't operate well in -mtouch   mode, because , as I see in
 JASTEC Part  of   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tree/drivers/input/touchscreen/usbtouchscreen.c?h=v5.11.20

Jastec mathematics "sligtly" differs from such of  3M/Microtouch Part....

So, what to do with it?

I think that custom inputattach module will solve this issue -  if only it works as I think....

So,  by adding smth like

{ "--jastec",                "-jastec",        "Jastec touchscreen",

        B9600, CS8 | CRTSCTS,

        SERIO_JASTEC,        0x00,        0x00,        0,        NULL },

and so on into https://github.com/flosse/linuxconsole/blob/master/utils/inputattach.c  will it be possible to get output, more correspondig to my hardware ?

Am I wrong or not?

Diodosvet

Jan 28, 2022, 10:28:23 AM1/28/22
to Android-x86
I'd like to add that in Windows  I also had to calibrate this touchscreen before using it - both axes was flipped.
Calibration data looks like in attached screenshot
reg.jpg

пятница, 28 января 2022 г. в 17:58:38 UTC+3, Diodosvet: