problems with sound devices

Sofiane Soussi

Feb 5, 2015, 5:34:01 PM2/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using android-x86 on a zotac zbox id10. I plugged usb speakers and a webcam with a microphone.

I would like to understand how to define the default input/output sound devices that will be used by android for outputting and capturing sound.

I am particularly interested in how to define the default capture device which I would like to define as the webcam microphone.

I also tried to capture sound at the Linux level using a terminal. I tried to capture sound from /proc/asound/cards but it did not caputre anything and the webcam led did not light. The snb-usb-audio module was loaded and used by the webcam mic, so I do not understand where the problem comes from.

Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Sofiane