Android won't load after installation and reboot, This is not a bootable disk

Jordan Anderson

Jan 5, 2018, 3:03:16 AM1/5/18
to Android-x86
After going through the partitions and toggling the boot flag and proceeding to install to sda1, which is my hard drive's first partition I'm trying to install Android to. After installing succesfully, I chose to reboot and I got NOTHING. All it says is This is not a bootable disk, even though I set the boot flag in GParted. I even tried LBA.
I have a 1TB Hard drive and 4 partitions:
sda1 first partition ntfs
sda2 that I want to be my boot partition, also ntfs
sda5 that I'm gonna leave untouched.
Idk where sda4 is.

I used a Lexar 16GB Jumpdrive TwistTurn to boot up the live CD.

I repeat, the error I got was This is not a bootable disk

I chose to install Bootloader GRUB.
I skipped EFI GRUB2 because I have regular BIOS, not EFI or UEFI.
I was not asked to format the boot partition.
IS MY ANDROID x86 INSTALLER CORRUPT?

By the way my processor is a 64bit AMD Athlon II X2 255 and the Android flavor I'm trying to install is 4.4 Kitkat.
Maker of my PC is Acer.

Jordan Anderson

Jan 5, 2018, 12:37:32 PM1/5/18
to Android-x86
PLEASE HELP ME HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ! ! !

6 views but no reply.

Antony Stone

Jan 5, 2018, 12:56:04 PM1/5/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Friday 05 January 2018 at 18:37:32, Jordan Anderson wrote:

> PLEASE HELP ME HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ! ! !

Why? This is not an Android-x86 problem.

Your computer is telling you it doesn't have a bootable disk, so it's getting
nowhere near to trying to start Android.

Try installing a Linux distro and see whether that can boot - my guess is that
the same problem (whatever it is) will happen again, but that doesn't mean
it's Linux's fault.

Antony.

--
"I think both KDE and Gnome suck - I'm quite unbiased in that, because I use a
Mac."

- Jason Isitt

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

AJIRI O

Jan 5, 2018, 2:16:27 PM1/5/18
to Android-x86
I'm doing exactly this right now with my desktop PC as well and I got the same error at one time.

The MBR (or GPT) is telling you that it wasn't able to identify a boot partition and system partition pair, that's why it throws a "This is not a bootable disk" error. To remove this error, the only thing I could do was install both boot and system in the same partition (e.g. dev/sda1). Then, when I tried to reboot, the error was not thrown, and grub was sought.

In my case though, grub was unsuccessful in installing due to the fact that my machine was UEFI, so a blank black grub with a blinking cursor was returned. Try putting both boot and system partition to sda1, make it bootable, and please let me know if your reboot works and how you got a BIOS system.

Jordan Anderson

Jan 7, 2018, 8:55:12 PM1/7/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
To AJIRI O How did you get the boot and system in the same partition?