Stock camera app not working

Xianwen Chen

Oct 19, 2019, 5:14:10 PM10/19/19
to Android-x86
Hi!

I ran Android-x86 on a laptop.

Recently I moved the hard drive, which contains Android-x86, to another laptop. Everything runs fine, except that the stock camera app not working. (A number of other apps cannot use the webcame of the new laptop either.)

I wonder if the camera configuration is written in a file that it is not automatically updated? Maybe I could edit the configuration file so that the webcam of the new laptop could be used properly?

Thank you a lot!

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 21, 2019, 11:32:46 AM10/21/19
to Android-x86
Xianwen Chen <xianwe...@gmail.com> 於 2019年10月20日 週日 上午5:14寫道:
That's because the camera of your new laptop is not detected.
Usually because of lacking a proper driver.

You can test other Linux distros like Ubuntu or Fedora
to see if camera works. If yes, tell us what driver it uses.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Xianwen Chen (陈贤文)

Oct 21, 2019, 11:56:21 AM10/21/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Huang,

Thank you.

I think the driver was functioning properly.

The app "OpenCamera" could correctly turn on the webcam and take photos
etc. Majority of the other apps, including the stock Camera app, could
not turn on the webcam.

Yours sincerely,
Xianwen
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-x86/CAKc24n26vUHLg2W4aBJtr15EHVZjHN_qUacwPQgWJ5nVhU1OWg%40mail.gmail.com.

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 21, 2019, 1:06:31 PM10/21/19
to Android-x86
Xianwen Chen (陈贤文) <xianwe...@gmail.com> 於 2019年10月21日 週一 下午11:56寫道:

> Dear Mr. Huang,
>
> Thank you.
>
> I think the driver was functioning properly.
>
> The app "OpenCamera" could correctly turn on the webcam and take photos
> etc. Majority of the other apps, including the stock Camera app, could
> not turn on the webcam.

Then check logcat to see what happened.