android-x86_64-9.0-rc2-k49.iso

Milisa

Jan 24, 2020, 1:36:15 AM1/24/20
to Android-x86
Hello,

I'm trying to run Android 9 rc2 (k49) in VMWare.
Setup interface is working, but after it I just see black screen with few interface elements.
The same results when I try to boot in VESA mode (no GPU).
Android 8.1 (k49) works fine (in GPU and in VESA mode).

fguy

Jan 24, 2020, 9:29:27 AM1/24/20
to Android-x86
GAPPS for Android 9 are not compatible with the 4.9 kernel and lead to cyclic errors. Use build with kernel 4.19.

Akram Mokhtar

Jan 26, 2020, 4:43:53 AM1/26/20
to Android-x86
how do u use kernel 4.19 for Android 9 rc2?

fguy

Jan 26, 2020, 6:06:30 AM1/26/20
to Android-x86
how do u use kernel 4.19 for Android 9 rc2?

youling 257

Jan 27, 2020, 5:43:14 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
I see 2 button navigation in your screenshot.
how to enable 2 button navigation on pie-x86? it still 3 button.

youling 257

Jan 27, 2020, 5:57:19 AM1/27/20
to Android-x86
not see "Swipe up on home button" in system setting.
Screenshot_20200127-185532.png

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 7, 2020, 6:43:39 AM2/7/20
to Android-x86
I confirmed the bug. Will fix it in 9.0-r1.
Thank you for the report.

Milisa <milis...@gmail.com> 於 2020年1月24日 週五 下午2:36寫道:
--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 29, 2020, 11:08:11 PM2/29/20
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> 於 2020年2月7日 週五 下午7:43寫道:

> I confirmed the bug. Will fix it in 9.0-r1.
> Thank you for the report.
>
> Milisa <milis...@gmail.com> 於 2020年1月24日 週五 下午2:36寫道:
> > I'm trying to run Android 9 rc2 (k49) in VMWare.
> > Setup interface is working, but after it I just see black screen with few interface elements.
> > The same results when I try to boot in VESA mode (no GPU).
> > Android 8.1 (k49) works fine (in GPU and in VESA mode).

Hi Milisa,
Please test the android-x86_64-9.0-r1-k49.iso.
I've verified it works on Windows version of VMware Workstation 14.