How can I set priority of sound cards?

YoungJoon Lee

Mar 26, 2018, 9:19:31 AM3/26/18
to Android-x86
Hello. I have a question about configure alsa.

I use spdif optical digital out for my android x86. I have tested a lot of MOBO's and none of them is working without restore alsa state stored from linux usb boot.
I always do this recpies.

1. Boot from Linux USB.
2. Change alsa setting using gnome sound configuration GUI. I change default out device to SPDIF from analog out. And then store state of alsa and copy to USB.
3. Next, I copy my state file to source(./device/generic/common/alsa/) and build, or copy directly to R/W system partition /etc/alsa/.
4. Working.

But, on my new AMD MOBO, this method is not working. On my other MOBO's which is working, Card name is always PCH. So, I copy my state file to PCH.state. But in my AMD MOBO, device name is different. [Generic] and [Generic_1]. I copy Generic.state to my source and build. But sound is not working.

I attach alsa state tested on linux USB. I want to know how to set priority of snd out devices on alsa(android x86). I check modules of kernel is loaded.

Best regards.

lspci_amd.txt
alsa check.txt
time stamp of proc when priority of sound out changed.txt
Generic.state

youling 257

Mar 26, 2018, 9:32:33 AM3/26/18
to Android-x86
setprop hal.audio.out pcmC0D0p
killall audioserver

you need test to find correct pcmCxxx
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

youling 257

Mar 26, 2018, 9:46:36 AM3/26/18
to Android-x86
check alsa_amixer -c1 state,if simple controls all correct,then setprop hal.audio.out pcmC1D1p,killall audioserver