Lost Android-x86 boot menu option after installing Windows 10

James Chase

Jul 28, 2016, 11:25:35 PM7/28/16
to Android-x86
I successfully managed to install Android-x86 (android-x86-5.1-rc1) on my EEE PC 1000HA Netbook to dual boot along with Windows XP.

The Windows XP was installed on C Drive, while the Android-x86 was installed on on the D drive.

Subsequently, I installed Windows 10 on C Drive, however after the installation was completed I was disappointed to find Windows 10 had not recognized Android-x86 installed on the D drive and the menu option to boot into Android x86 was not provided.

I would like to get the menu option to boot Android x86, which is now on the E Drive, since Windows installation assigned D: to the USB stick I installed Windows.

Kindly help, I've very little to no knowledge of Unix or Linux. So I would be grateful if the solution included Windows instructions.

Thanks all for reading and I appreciate your time.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 29, 2016, 12:56:59 AM7/29/16
to Android-x86
That depends on your device uses legacy BIOS or
UEFI booting. I guess the old 1000HA uses legacy BIOS.
If so, just re-install Android-x86, and say yes
to these questions:
* Do you want to install boot loader GRUB?
* The installer found a Windows partition in /dev/xxx.
Do you want to create a boot item for Windows?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

James Chase

Jul 30, 2016, 6:05:42 AM7/30/16
to Android-x86
Thanks a lot for your reply.

By reinstalling will my previous Android-x86 data and settings remain?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 30, 2016, 6:06:40 AM7/30/16
to Android-x86
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> By reinstalling will my previous Android-x86 data and settings remain?

Sure, unless you delete it yourself.