connection failed, failed: ECONNREFUSED

Marta Ribeiro

Mar 8, 2013, 4:57:17 AM3/8/13
to android-v...@googlegroups.com
I've followed the instructions in http://androlinux.com/android-ubuntu-development/how-to-install-ubuntu-on-android/#comment-1695 in order to install the ubuntu on top of the android OS. To connect to the ubuntu OS I use the VN viewer application. The first time I used it worked fine, but now I get the following error:

VNC connection failed!
failed to connect to /127.0.01 (port 5901): connect
failed:ECONNREFUSED (Connectionrefused)

Can someone help me?

Emiliano Bilbao

Jul 16, 2013, 7:25:32 AM7/16/13
to android-v...@googlegroups.com
i am same problem.

majkl najt

Dec 7, 2013, 5:35:08 AM12/7/13
to android-v...@googlegroups.com
different port ? 5900

meredith laws-danaher

Mar 24, 2016, 4:32:07 AM3/24/16
to android-vnc-viewer
Better late than never. For Ubuntu 14.04

Here is a great guide to get all the settings sorted a great intuitive app from the play store: http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2013/07/how-to-connect-to-ubuntu-remote-desktop-using-android-phone/
They just didn't finish the instructions, because I was getting the same error. After you complete the steps there, search for Remmina Remote Desktop Client, already installed with Ubuntu.
Click Create New> VNC Incoming Connection
port: 5901 you said
username: copy the username from the app on your phone
password, again, same password as what's on your phone.
Match the color depth and I suggest clicking to show remote cursor.
Click Connect and set to default settings if you'd like.
Restart your computer, open up Remmina again, select the remote desktop file we just made, click Open the conection in the top left and THEN click connect on androidVNC.

Hope that helps.
Cheers.