New version (r10) released

Pete Doyle

Sep 18, 2012, 5:26:32 AM9/18/12
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
There's a new version based on the Android Compatibility Library r10:
https://github.com/petedoyle/android-support-v4-googlemaps/downloads

To see what's new in ACL r10, view Google's release notes here:
http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/support-library.html

Please note:
* There was no r8 or r9 release.
* If you're looking for the v7 jar (GridLayout), you can find it in $ANDROID_HOME/extras/android/support/v7/gridlayout/libs.  There's no need for a custom version AFAICT.

Besides Google's updates, this release also updates the build script so it'll be easier to keep in-sync with the official Google releases.  If you're maintaining your own fork, the new process is very simple:

* Download the newest Android Support Library release using the Android SDK Manager.
* Delete and replace the `support/` folder with the `support/` folder from `$ANDROID_HOME/extras/android/support`.
* Re-customize `FragmentActivity` to extend `MapActivity` (example: https://github.com/petedoyle/android-support-v4-googlemaps/commit/c8e271698e762c46cacf47fe10b3495122e75a69)
* Build as usual, using 'ant'.

Thanks all for your patience with this release.

Thanks,
Pete

Jekee Desai

Sep 28, 2012, 9:43:19 AM9/28/12
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Question regarding support for notifications on this.

I see there you do not have support for the notificationcompact class here, any way to get this added?

Notifications have some depricated methods that are better used with the notification compact class now, I've been looking at adding that but still have lots of research ahead of me before I can get there.

Thanks,