Maven?

Donn Felker

Nov 2, 2011, 1:18:04 PM11/2/11
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Is this library in any maven repos that we know of? Or does the license restrict this (I suppose it does).

Thanks,

Donn

Pete Doyle

Nov 2, 2011, 2:35:17 PM11/2/11
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Hi Donn,
I haven't set up a Maven repo for it, but I can look into it.  This library uses the Apache License 2.0, which I don't think imposes any limitations in this regard.  I'll post any updates here:

Another option I've just learned about is @JakeWharton's ActionBarSherlock [1, 2, 3].  It's a port of the compatibility library with added ActionBar functionality.  One nice thing is that he's refactored FragmentActivity in such a way as to allow for a separate FragmentMapActivity.  This does slightly alter the API of the compatibility library, but its nice as it removes the one FragmentActivity per app/process [4] limitation of this library and allows for N FragmentActivity's and 1 FragmentMapActivity per app/process.

It seems like he's done a lot of updates to the ACL code which worries me a bit, but I've used it and not seen any additional bugs or issues pop up.

Thanks,
Pete