ANN: Official MapFragment support from Google now available. This project now deprecated.

Pete Doyle

Dec 3, 2012, 7:15:59 PM12/3/12
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm happy to say Google has officially released the Google Maps Android API v2, with full Fragment support!  There's also support for vector tiles, 3D buildings, and map rotation.

This android-support-v4-googlemaps library has always been a (dirty) hack around the Maps API's lack of official support for Fragments.  With official support now available, this project is now deprecated.

For more info on Google's official Fragment support, see the announcement here:

And the API docs here:

Thanks!
Pete

Warren Applebaum

Sep 24, 2013, 3:16:56 PM9/24/13
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pete, man I wish you kept updating this as it's tough to make it compatible with newer libraries coming out. Not the end of the world obviously, as it's as good a reason as any to update to the new GoogleMapsV2. Just wanted to say how clutch this was for me over the last year.

Nayana Dheep

Dec 30, 2018, 11:31:13 PM12/30/18
to Android Compatibility Library for Google Maps - Support
Hi Pete,

As Warren said, I am facing the same difficulty to support the newer android support libraries along with your project. Could you please help me out?