Hours spent on this, please help.

Lex Leonard

Sep 23, 2012, 7:44:30 PM9/23/12
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
So I've been having all kinds of issues. For starters, I can't create a "new" project without getting the default android support api included which is overriding yours when I import support classes in my java files. I can't delete this jar file from the explorer or in the build options.

I've just copy/pasted your included FragmentLayout project which seems to solve that, but then when it installs the apk into the simulator I get an error about applications with different signatures. I've deleted my debug key etc and I can't get rid of this error which prevents me from simulating. Trying to run your FragmentLayout project directly also produces this problem.

Also, what is the best method for keeping the functionality you're providing while also keeping the other support packages up to date? You've mentioned something similar to this in a previous post using an ant build, but I'm kind of new to this and I'm not even sure what ant is. Do I absolutely need to rebuild with ant for every support update?

Lex Leonard

Sep 23, 2012, 9:36:29 PM9/23/12
to android-support-v4...@googlegroups.com
OK, so I got something working by ditching this method and using this instead: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5109336/mapview-in-a-fragment-honeycomb

I'd like to be able to just use a MapView in FragmentActivity like your method allows for, but it was hell trying to get it to work and in hindsight it's probably better to use a few round-a-bout helper classes (deprecated as they may be) instead of messing with the imported support libraries anyway.

Thanks for this support library project you've created though. It's at least a noble effort.

-Lex