Issue 68 in android-squeezer: blank album art

codesite...@google.com

Jun 10, 2014, 6:45:54 PM6/10/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 68 by npoy...@gmail.com: blank album art
http://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=68

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. No album art is visible.

Instead of album covers I see black squares. Note that I don't see the
default icon that shows when there is no album art.

Squeezer 1.0.1 on a Nexus 7 with android 4.4.3

I have the old squeezebox that doesn't show album art, so I never had a
reason to get album covers until I started using Squeezer. I recently
downloaded album covers, and they show up in the squeezebox server web
interface, but not in Squeezer.

Squeezer is a great app by the way!

issue notifications to this address.

codesite...@google.com

Jun 14, 2014, 5:09:28 PM6/14/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 68 by kaaho...@gmail.com: blank album art
http://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=68

Hhhm that sounds strange.

The black squares are what you see when Squeezer is waiting for album art
to be downloaded from the Logitech Media Server. It appears that Squeezer
is not able to download the album art.

I haven't seen that before, but here are a few things you can try.

1. Album art is fetched via the LMS webserver. Check that a portnumber has
been set for the webserver and that the port is not used for anything else
on the computer the LMS runs on. Select settings / Advanced tab / Network
(from the dropdown).

2. Try to "clear the music library and rescan everything" (via settings on
your LMS).

3. Try to clear Squeezer data. On your nexus 7, select settings / apps /
select Squezer and select Clear data. You will have to enter or scan the
address of the LMS after clearing the app data.

codesite...@google.com

Jun 16, 2014, 8:13:46 PM6/16/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 68 by npoy...@gmail.com: blank album art
http://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=68

Sorry, this was a problem on my end. I did not realize the pictures came
from the LMS webserver so I didn't think to check firewall settings. I
just had to open up port 9000 for my tablet, and everything works fine.
Thanks for helping me figure that out!

codesite...@google.com

May 10, 2015, 3:56:11 PM5/10/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com