Option to restrict access by genre

matthew....@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2015, 11:52:38 AM10/24/15
to Squeezer
I was wondering if it would be possible to implement an option to restrict song/album selection by genre?

The reason I ask is that it'd be great to allow kids, for example, to browse a limited selection from a complete library by virtue of specific tags given to the music. So let's say I add a "Children's" genre tag to all music I'd like to allow my youngster access too. I appreciate that to make this fool-proof you'd also need to do things like restrict random mixes etc. that people might inadvertently discover, but as a first instance, just restricting the basic selection to a specific genre (or genres) would probably suffice when it comes to some basic filtering. (I'm aware there's a multi-library plugin that would allow me to do this - but it's a little over-complex for my needs and I understand it can be quite demanding on the LMS.)

Thanks,

Matt