Issue 90 in android-squeezer: Randomly garbled Internet Radio screen

codesite...@google.com

Feb 17, 2015, 9:34:34 AM2/17/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 90 by m.j.wind...@gmail.com: Randomly garbled Internet Radio
screen
https://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=90

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Go to "Internet Radio" menu item, presumably with 3rd party radio apps
installed (I'm using Triode's "BBC iPlayer" and BPA's "BBC iPlayer Extras".

I expect to see the standard list of radio categories, including those from
the 3rd party additions.

I actually see:
- a random garbling of the menu items (see attached screen-shots)
- sometimes one or more icons is missing
- sometimes text for one or more entries is missing
- sometimes text is attached to the wrong icon
- sometimes whole entries appear to be missing altogether
- what is displayed often changes each time the menu is reopened
- the server web interface and (on a different Android device) official
Logitech app show no similar problems
- no other screens appear to be affected (including those deeper into the
affected Internet Radio menu entries

Server: Ubuntu 14.04 (i386), LMS 7.8.1 1423805736
Client: Android 5.0 stock on LG G3, Squeezer 1.2.6

This only started happening recently (last few weeks). Unfortunately, I've
recently updated my server OS, LMS, the iPlayer plugin and received an OS
update for my phone. I may also have received an updated Squeezer app. I
can't tell you which one triggered the problems.

Attachments:
Screenshot_2015-02-17-14-19-49.png 319 KB
Screenshot_2015-02-17-14-19-36.png 308 KB

issue notifications to this address.

codesite...@google.com

Feb 18, 2015, 6:16:07 PM2/18/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 90 by kaaho...@gmail.com: Randomly garbled Internet
Radio screen
https://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=90

Hi and thanks for taking time to make this report.

I have tested this on LMS 7.8.1, 7.7.2 and 7.5.2. The problem exists only
on 7.8.1, so I am convinced it's a server issue.

I'll try to dig deeper into this, and let you know as soon, as I have more
info.

codesite...@google.com

Feb 19, 2015, 3:52:56 AM2/19/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 90 by m.j.wind...@gmail.com: Randomly garbled Internet
Radio screen
https://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=90

Thanks for your quick attention (and your work on this great app in the
first place).

There doesn't seem to be a reliable change log to check what has recently
been altered in LMS, unfortunately. (I had a problem with the Powersave
plugin recently between two closely spaced updates and I've no idea what
caused it or fixed it.)

If there's anything further I can do to help (logs, testing, etc.), I'm
more than happy to. Sounds like it's reliably reproducible though.

codesite...@google.com

Mar 4, 2015, 6:37:35 AM3/4/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 90 by johnd...@gmail.com: Randomly garbled Internet
Radio screen
https://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=90

Hi

I can confirm that this is also a problem on 7.9 and as reverting to 7.7
seems problematic on Fedora 20 I am currently stuck.
Regards

John

codesite...@google.com

May 25, 2015, 7:31:22 AM5/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #4 on issue 90 by n...@ngo.org.uk: Randomly garbled Internet Radio
screen
https://code.google.com/p/android-squeezer/issues/detail?id=90

This was fixed in Squeezer 1.2.7 and above.