KitKat for Pi 2 Download

ric96

May 29, 2015, 9:37:35 AM5/29/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This is an sd card image for pi 2 with pre-installed Android Kitkat on berry boot.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VR-WNTOX0qVGpQbUU3eHpBTHM/view?usp=sharing

delins...@gmail.com

May 30, 2015, 8:32:42 AM5/30/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The above link is not working. Mediafire has blocked it.

ric96

May 31, 2015, 10:30:51 AM5/31/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
sorry for this, i'll check it soon..

ric96

May 31, 2015, 3:33:35 PM5/31/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
i have updated the link, can you try again ?

delins...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 2:35:56 AM6/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Thanks.

k34...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 8:05:30 AM6/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, still locked.. :( No new graphics driver for pi2??

ric96

Jun 1, 2015, 3:10:35 PM6/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
uhh... mediafire is giving me a hard time, ill upload it to google drive.

ric96

Jun 1, 2015, 3:36:43 PM6/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

k34...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 6:09:28 PM6/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello ric96,

Many thanks for uploading the file,

do you know if the performance has improved?
i heard that there was broadcom driver out for android on pi 2, is this true?

chaga...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 2:19:06 AM6/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Dear ric96

Thanks a lot for the image,

I need ur help in the above image,

Currently I want to load the android on my raspberry pi, inturn communicate with the bluetooth medical devices ( HDP )

I am totally new to this android platform, I am familiar with the Linux, I tried a lot with the Bluez libraries, but I cant receive any association request from the device. so I am trying to use android

Could u please help me out which version is this android, I need version 4 or above for supporting my requirement.

if u are aware I am trying to use antidote libraries for supoorting HDP profile, have u ever tried to use antidote ?

Thanks and best regards
Suresh

yuvi...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 9:02:32 AM6/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
  i installed using your link, through  command i can interface  but gui is not appearing......so please guide me to open gui related

ric96

Jun 5, 2015, 9:08:49 AM6/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You will need a 8gb or larger sd card
Or it won't work.

lgvic...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 6:19:20 PM6/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi there, i got it up and running but im having no luck with the touch, do we get touch with this or are we tied to mouse im using a 7inch LCD with USB controller for touch

delins...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2015, 3:32:22 AM6/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks , The link worked this time.

ric96

Jun 7, 2015, 5:00:15 AM6/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
can any one confirm that this is working??
i am getting lots of error reports from other users.

rabid...@googlemail.com

Jun 7, 2015, 5:37:43 AM6/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
downloaded fine for me and unpacked ok

dalon...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 4:41:10 PM6/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it works. I have downloaded and flashed it in SD card. Now I can boot into Android home page.
Thanks, ric96.

But Android runs really slow. It does not work as good as on phones.

csimi...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 5:08:59 AM6/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi ric96 Your  image really works well.
I just write this image on my Micro sd and I run it with my raspberry pi2.
and it works!

But I have a question.
I plugin usb bluetooth dongle and usb wifi lan card to  raspberry pi2,
but android OS dosen't recognize both. (There is bluetooth on/off menu, but I can't turn on it)
Do you have an any idea??
(I really thanks to you. your image is so Great)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

csimi...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 11:02:34 PM6/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It works. I do it yesterday.

ric96

Jun 10, 2015, 11:04:41 PM6/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Bluetooth or wifi won't work

nh.t...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2015, 4:22:40 AM7/31/15
to Android-rpi, sahaj...@gmail.com
Hi ric96,

Please help to guide me to install new app.

Thanks,

Suresh

Jul 31, 2015, 8:01:44 PM7/31/15
to ric96, andro...@googlegroups.com
Bluetooth and wifi for Kit kat version working???

Sent from my iPhone

> On 11 Jun 2015, at 11:04 am, ric96 <sahaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bluetooth or wifi won't work

busrao...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2015, 2:49:25 AM8/11/15
to Android-rpi
Hi,

I am getting error that " can't play this video " when I try to open a video. Video working on Android Kitkat ?

ric96

Aug 11, 2015, 3:02:30 AM8/11/15
to Android-rpi
Videos won't play as the drivers for the hardware h.264 decoder/encoder as well as gpu have not been implemented.

chi...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2015, 1:18:31 AM8/29/15
to Android-rpi
Do you plan to add sound drivers?

在 2015年8月11日星期二 UTC+8下午3:02:30,ric96写道:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nitin Singh

Aug 30, 2015, 4:40:24 AM8/30/15
to Android-rpi

I am trying to boot on rpi B model.   I am just seeing a colored screen. It just stuck there.
There is no "kernel_rpi_aufs.img" in fat32 partition.

  How to boot in rpi B?    Please guide me with step by step instructions.

ric96

Aug 30, 2015, 5:30:39 AM8/30/15
to Android-rpi
This works only on pi 2.

captainc...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 7:56:04 PM10/11/15
to Android-rpi
I can't get any sound output when I run it. Any ideas on how to troubleshot that?

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 7:37:35 AM UTC-6, ric96 wrote:
This is an sd card image for pi 2 with pre-installed Android Kitkat on berry boot.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VR-WNTOX0qVGpQbUU3eHpBTHM/view?usp=sharing

renaud...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2016, 8:33:09 AM1/21/16
to Android-rpi
Ok, I can boot... I want to test something, I would like to use Airdroid, but I cannot download anything : "USB storage is required to download ssss.apk".

How can I install few apps during execution ? If not, is there any way I install something in the sdcard ?

Thanks

rp.vd...@zonnet.nl

Feb 9, 2016, 1:39:30 PM2/9/16
to Android-rpi
It not working on a touchscreen display from the raspberry pi foundation. Can you fix that?

amdk...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2016, 12:52:09 PM2/11/16
to Android-rpi

ric96於 2015年5月29日星期五 UTC+8下午9時37分35秒寫道:
This is an sd card image for pi 2 with pre-installed Android Kitkat on berry boot.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VR-WNTOX0qVGpQbUU3eHpBTHM/view?usp=sharing

It's work on my pi2!!!
faster then 6.0 but can't play video? and no sound?

youwusel

Feb 12, 2016, 12:17:28 PM2/12/16
to Android-rpi
Does this version include the 3D drivers?

Thomas M

Feb 13, 2016, 3:01:30 AM2/13/16
to Android-rpi
I don't think there is a build with fully working 3D driver jet. And I am pretty sure a build from may 2015 does not have a 3D driver.

paulje...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2016, 3:50:53 AM2/15/16
to Android-rpi
I have loaded the image in SD card and it shows in the berry boot. But when it tries to load it shows lot of lines and nothing else. Please help.

gam...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2016, 4:01:58 AM2/20/16
to Android-rpi
Great project, but you know, Android is nearly no uses without  hardware acelleration. So ... in this image, is the hardware acelleration working?

在 2015年5月29日星期五 UTC+8下午9:37:35,ric96写道:

thang bui

Mar 16, 2016, 5:21:35 AM3/16/16
to Android-rpi
how to install driver to android 4.4.2 on rpi2, help me, thanks

Vào 02:33:35 UTC+7 Thứ Hai, ngày 01 tháng 6 năm 2015, ric96 đã viết:
i have updated the link, can you try again ?

Trinh Hong

Mar 16, 2016, 2:14:48 PM3/16/16
to Android-rpi
 help me
i'm can't run PI3

Vào 20:37:35 UTC+7 Thứ Sáu, ngày 29 tháng 5 năm 2015, ric96 đã viết:

seanch...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 11:02:09 AM3/22/16
to Android-rpi
Does it need to be installed using berryboot?

ric96

Mar 23, 2016, 4:55:31 PM3/23/16
to Android-rpi, seanch...@gmail.com
yes

seanch...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2016, 5:02:56 PM3/23/16
to Android-rpi
On Friday, 29 May 2015 06:37:35 UTC-7, ric96 wrote:
> This is an sd card image for pi 2 with pre-installed Android Kitkat on berry boot.
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4VR-WNTOX0qVGpQbUU3eHpBTHM/view?usp=sharing

The wifi dongle does not work for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

ric96

Mar 23, 2016, 5:04:15 PM3/23/16
to Android-rpi, seanch...@gmail.com
yup, no wifi or bluetooth driver. Ethernet works.

kostas...@gmail.com

May 2, 2016, 7:20:33 AM5/2/16
to Android-rpi

parisam...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 2:50:39 PM9/22/16
to Android-rpi
Hello,

Do you mean there is no way to have Bluetooth when running android on raspberry pi2?
Any version of android would work for me I just need Bluetooth.
And Is there the same problem with pi3 or other models too?

fuzz...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2016, 6:11:45 PM11/14/16
to Android-rpi
will this work on pi3?

Francesco Galardi

Apr 2, 2022, 9:24:51 AM4/2/22
to Android-rpi
Would you be able to restore the link to download this image?

Viktar S

Dec 7, 2022, 12:29:11 PM12/7/22
to Android-rpi
+1

суббота, 2 апреля 2022 г. в 16:24:51 UTC+3, Francesco Galardi:

Lubię pączki

Feb 24, 2023, 8:06:57 AM2/24/23
to Android-rpi
Link doesn't works