Android Automotive 11 - Snapp Automotive build

Al Sutton

Apr 29, 2021, 8:13:43 AM4/29/21
to Android-rpi
Hey folks,

First off thanks to everyone for the work they've done on this project, it's allowed me to get Android Automotive 11 up and running on a Raspberry Pi with a touch screen.

I'm part of a start-up called Snapp Automotive, and we've put up a blog post showing others how they can get to the same place we did (booting system responding to touch events). We have, of course, called out that this is based on android-rpi work, and we're encouraging folk to contribute back upstream where they can.

Hopefully this will bring some new folk to the project who can help with work that's needed to make this even more awesome.

Al.

Peter Yoon

Apr 29, 2021, 8:01:23 PM4/29/21
to Android-rpi
Claps to the achievement of Snapp team.
And thanks for the good build guidance.

Peter Yoon

Apr 30, 2021, 6:37:31 PM4/30/21
to Android-rpi
And there was automotive porting done by Pontus Persson :

https://github.com/PontusPersson/device_arpi_rpi4

Al Sutton

May 4, 2021, 3:43:51 AM5/4/21
to Peter Yoon, Android-rpi

Thanks for the reference. I’ll reach out to see if we can combine our efforts!

Rohit Iti

Jun 15, 2021, 2:59:39 PM6/15/21
to Al Sutton, Android-rpi
Hello Sutton,

Thanks for providing reference for porting android automotive into rpi.

I followed complete instructions that is mentioned in below link.

Am facing issues where rpi boots and after 4 to 5 minutes home screen appears but with only bottom buttons , at top with time and HVAC details. In the centre the screen is completely blank.

After some 3 minutes let's say rpi reboots with Snapp automotive logo animation (start up screen) .

And this process continues the same way.

Is there something that need to be done? Like wifi connection is must to connect and load maps or home screen etc ?

Thanks and regards,
     Rohit iti

Al Sutton

Jun 16, 2021, 9:55:15 AM6/16/21
to Android-rpi

That’s not a problem I encountered.

Do you get anything from adb logcat?

Jul 13, 2021, 9:33:50 PM7/13/21
to Android-rpi
I followed all this tutorial and when I'm building the emulator, I got this error only in snapp rpi emulator build.. x86 built successfully and other emulators builds as well.
Can you help me with this?
Screenshot from 2021-07-14 03-29-53.png

Al Sutton

Jul 14, 2021, 3:17:58 AM7/14/21
to Muhammad Saad Bhatti, Android-rpi

The error you’re seeing indicates you’ve not followed the steps at https://github.com/snappautomotive/firmware-device_snappautomotive_rpi#readme

Please make sure you follow each step carefully.

Jul 14, 2021, 7:02:36 AM7/14/21
to Android-rpi
Got it. Sorry it was my mistake.
I followed all the steps. Apply patches.
It worked
but after  1 min after loading the OS. it goes into boot again.
sometimes color screen appear and goes to boot again.
Seems like, boot loop issue.
Is there any thing you faced or anything in your mind?

sarath chandu

Dec 1, 2022, 12:58:55 AM12/1/22
to Android-rpi
Hi Al sutton ,
can you give link for the working  "sa-main" git branch for firmware rpi4 as it seems to be changed.

Daniel Gaiteiro

Jan 18, 2024, 9:19:31 AMJan 18
to Android-rpi
Which is the difference between Android Automotive and Snapp Automotive build ?

I am working in an automotive research centre and we want to test the feasibility of AAOS in our projects. Is there a way to contact Google for this?

Would testing with build the Snapp Automotive be the same? Is it a 100% reliable environment?