I would like to contribute to the project and reduce the number of opened issues

Rodrigo Gobbi

Apr 12, 2024, 3:45:15 PMApr 12
to Android-rpi
Hi, all.

@Peter and other major owners of the android-rpi repo: I would like to contribute to the project, either fixing problems or bringing improvements to the repositories. I can see that there are several opened tickets but, a great part of them, are very, very old. We could try to answer each of them with questions regarding if it's still occurring or asking for logs, but that's gonna take a huge time (and it's kind of ugly to have some many opened issues :|).

My suggestion is that we do a fresh start from now, and I'll help you guys, to manage future tickets. What do you think?

I'm huge fan of Android/Kernel, working in this area at least for 7years and I would like to return my knowledge to the community.

Feel free to answer this with other suggestions or comments.
Tks and regards!!!

Peter Yoon

Apr 17, 2024, 9:42:19 PMApr 17
to Android-rpi
Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for volunteering on this topic.

You can start contributing with your idea upon github.com/android-rpi area.
So far many of community developers answered on the issues and uploaded pull-requests.

About closing of the old issues, let's give some more months to original reporter.

Regards,
Peter Yoon

Rodrigo Gobbi

Apr 18, 2024, 9:13:38 AMApr 18
to Android-rpi
Tks for the answer, Peter!!! I appreciate that!!!

Actually, I've answered a few tickets some weeks ago at device_arpi_rpi4 repo. Your point is reasonable since some issues may still exist in versions of Android/Pi or because it depends over some specific hw component,  but I still think that there are cases regarding the "software process" of the repositories under the android-rpi repo. For example, there are tickets from 2021, as this https://github.com/android-rpi/local_manifests/issues/28. Also, a PR from another repo was integrated at wiki but the ticket was not closed like this one https://github.com/android-rpi/device_brcm_rpi3/pull/139/files.

If we look closer we will find other examples like those. I mean, again, we could answer each issue and try to guide the user about the problem but still, we'll end up with tickets opened at those repositories, either because we are not managing the tickets, or the user who reported is not active anymore or it solved the issue and it didn't update the ticket, etc.

Anyway, tks again and I'll try to continue contribute to the repo in my free time.
Rodrigo.