JH7110 Android Common Kernel

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Aug 30, 2023, 4:23:08 AM8/30/23
to android-risc-v
Hi Peter, we are working on getting ACK version 6.1 as this is part of our road map in StarFive. I will share more insights with you (here) once we get something up. However we do see some challenges when we are building aosp main branch. We are now maintaining an older version of aosp ( We snapshot around June ).

In general, ACK 6.1 lts is now working on the aosp old base, but not the latest main branch.

Internally we are still sorting out the kernel 6.1 release process (need some validation) before pushing out to public. Once this is cleared, I will share our ACK 6.1 changes with you.

Regards,
Rebecca from StarFive

Peter Yoon

Aug 30, 2023, 4:46:46 AM8/30/23
to android-risc-v
Good to hear that.

JH7110 ACK 6.1 might be based on android15-6.1 branch of following repo, right?

Regarding AOSP main branch difference, did you check /build/soong changes below?

Peter Yoon

Aug 31, 2023, 6:15:54 AM8/31/23
to android-risc-v
Hi Rebecca,

I faced bootup issue in zygote this week.

Try following workaround:

Peter Yoon

Sep 6, 2023, 4:34:46 AM9/6/23
to android-risc-v
Issue of TARGET_FLATTEN_APEX is fixed :

Peter Yoon

Sep 6, 2023, 6:23:35 AM9/6/23
to android-risc-v
Issue of TARGET_FLATTEN_APEX is still there,
we need the workaound in the wiki: