AOSP with Kernel 6.1 for JH7110

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Jul 4, 2023, 1:49:50 AM7/4/23
to android-risc-v
We have ported some patches for JH7110 into kernel 6.1 (Android common kernel).

But we noticed there are some issue during init on boot.

Before the build, we merged the defconfig with Android config fragments, but we saw a lot of configs are not made into final .config. We are not sure whether this will impact the kernel init during boot.

Is there any init related kernel code for Android?

Regards,
Rebecca

Peter Yoon

Jul 4, 2023, 2:09:24 AM7/4/23
to android-risc-v
When you are facing an error during boot,
try searching some keywords at  https://cs.android.com/

For example,  you will find following code with "BlockDevInitializer::InitDevices" :

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Jul 12, 2023, 11:48:57 PM7/12/23
to android-risc-v
Alright, we are still debugging the issue currently. Regarding the AOSP repo, I noticed the manifest is pointing to latest master branch, we did a repo sync and now it doesn't compile successfully. May I know whether you will rebase and lock down a fixed version repo for the code base?

Peter Yoon

Jul 13, 2023, 1:09:26 AM7/13/23
to android-risc-v
If there is a fixed AOSP release (like android-13.0.0_r1) which support riscv64, we can work based on that release.
But there is only the master branch that is supporting riscv64.
You can sync to a certain good version of master, and keep that source for a while.

On my side, last good version was 2023-07-11.
Check prebuilt images & logcat output in the folder below:

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Jul 13, 2023, 3:47:10 AM7/13/23
to android-risc-v
I think someone asked the same question (regarding versioning control) in Android SIG:  Android SIG topic - Google Docs
I will probably sit-in the meeting to find out more information.
Thanks.