AOSP master-branch on JH7110

Peter Yoon

May 27, 2023, 12:42:32 AM5/27/23
to android-risc-v
Now JH7110 can boot-up to Home screen, although it takes about 20 minutes.
- Mesa swpipe is used for graphics, UI resolution 640x480
- Ethernet working,  Can connect ADB with IP address

Build & Flashing guide is at https://github.com/android-risc-v/device_arv_jh7110

Display output is virtual KMS (kernel CONFIG_DRM_VKMS), since JH7110 upstream HDMI driver is still WIP.
https://rvspace.org/en/project/JH7110_Upstream_Plan
If you need physical display, apply kernel CONFIG_DRM_UDL with displaylink adapters.
https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/displaylink-products

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Jun 2, 2023, 2:05:30 AM6/2/23
to android-risc-v
Thanks for your effort in porting for JH7110, I managed to build my own image based on the guide in Github.
However, I still having some issue in getting the display and network up. I'm using a Dell docking station with DisplayLink adapter built-in. I did noticed Displaylink adapter was detected from the boot log. On network side, I only managed to get the eth port after 30mins of waiting, with no IP address assigned. I think i will need to wait longer.

Do you have a change list of the kernel? Do you have any android related changes essential to boot up JH7110? Hopefully we can share the HDMI changes and you can help to port it over to kernel 6.4.

Peter Yoon

Jun 2, 2023, 2:18:01 AM6/2/23
to android-risc-v
Kernel changes could be listed up here : https://github.com/android-risc-v/kernel_arv/commits/arv-6.4

On top of it, key change is merging AOSP android-mainline branch.

After the merge,  there are a few ad-hoc workaround patches - those could not be pulled in to starfive tree.

Chang Rebecca Swee Fun

Jun 9, 2023, 2:00:58 AM6/9/23
to android-risc-v
Hi, do you know whether the udl driver you enabled in  drm/udl: support ABGR8888 · android-risc-v/kernel_arv@e4c6dd9 (github.com) supports displaylink with USB3.0? I can't find any displaylink device with USB2.0 now, and my displaylink device are come with USB3.0 and it does not work on for the udl image.

Peter Yoon

Jun 9, 2023, 2:58:10 AM6/9/23
to android-risc-v
There could be compatibility issue, but I simply tested with one I have.

Ruinland Tsai

Jun 9, 2023, 3:48:49 AM6/9/23
to Peter Yoon, android-risc-v
Hi Peter and Rebecca,
Sorry for the late reply.
I was caught up in something.

I have tested with Plugable UDL adapter, it works like a charm.

Ruinland Tsai

Jun 9, 2023, 4:04:21 AM6/9/23
to Peter Yoon, android-risc-v
Basically every DisplayLink DL-165 device is supposed to work.
I personally have tested Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator as well :

However, I do encounter some monitors not accepting the force-set resolution.
So far my test bed monitor (Gechic 1102H) is working perfectly :
Also, this LG 27GP750-B monitor works with my UDL adapter as well :

Peter Yoon

Aug 25, 2023, 1:45:49 AM8/25/23
to android-risc-v
Boot time of today(2023/08/25)'s snapshot build is about 16 minutes.
(First boot takes longer time, 20 minutes on May 27 and 16 minutes today are second boot)

These improvements are mostly done via ART optimization by Alibaba & Google team
- which could be seen in following link.
(Above folder contains prebuilt images also,   Image files contain revisions for snapshot days)