Help:why my visionfive 2 can not boot into graphic?

Chen Wang

Jul 10, 2023, 10:33:10 PM7/10/23
to android-risc-v
hello, I got one visionfive2 and tried following up the guide on https://github.com/android-risc-v/device_arv_jh7110.

The machine can boot into console, but no output on display. I connected HDMI interface to my dispaly, but I can only see logo(starfive) at the start, and then it went to black.

I checked the console(UART) output:
"[   20.675131] servicemanager: Could not find android.hardware.graphics.allocator.IAllocator/default in the VINTF manifest.
"
What should I do some else to make it work?

BTW, I attached usb cable between my host and the board, but I can not run adb on my host, though I see adb service is running on the board.

Thanks in adv.

Peter Yoon

Jul 10, 2023, 11:23:06 PM7/10/23
to android-risc-v
Regarding on-board HDMI port,  you can check this thread :
https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/android-risc-v/c/MxsMGLzPSiQ

Other display output like DRM_VKMS & DRM_UDL, refer to following post:
https://groups.google.com/g/android-risc-v/c/cGaxgttkEFk/m/hh0Xd_2PAwAJ

For ADB, refer to the link below:

Chen Wang

Jul 11, 2023, 1:32:11 AM7/11/23
to android-risc-v
Regarding adb, I tried as per your guide, and connect over ethernet should work. But I have another question, can visionfive2 support adb over usb?

Regarding display, I wonder what display you are using when booting with graphic, are you connecting with a desktop monitor or with 7 inch display?I am connecting with desktop monitor with HDMI cable because it can work with official debian os.

Chen Wang

Jul 12, 2023, 3:49:05 AM7/12/23
to android-risc-v
hello, I find a strange issue, after I configured the ip address as per the guide, I reset the machine and now the network does not work. Do you ever meet such issue?