adding new device to AOSP

Pankaj Joshi

Apr 20, 2021, 11:28:31 AM4/20/21
to android-porting
Hi all,
I want to add new device to AOSP , can someone tell how to do it ?? where will  be the major changes required ? also is there any changes required inside kernel ?

Thanks

Pankaj Joshi

Apr 22, 2021, 5:26:34 PM4/22/21
to android-porting

Hi,
i am newbie to android and just started to explore android and simply i have cloned AOSP sources but if i want to port device which AOSP doesnt support in that case i would like to know few things,Kindly guide me if someone can

  1. What and all components of BSP should get changed if you want to port android to new device or new ARCH ?
  2. i believe android us built on top of linux kernel then can i simply use linux BSP for android ? if no, where you think changes are required ?
  3. apart from BSP where other changes should happen ?

Thanks

Shaik Malin

Apr 23, 2021, 1:23:09 PM4/23/21
to android-porting
Hi,

I do have same set of queries:
1) what all the BSP components needs to be changed for porting android to new device?
2) Do I need to write only hardware specific DTS file or any other files needs to be modified?

Please give the inputs ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Shaik Malin.