Mediatek MT6589 to MT6572 porting stuck at bootanimation

Hery Purwanto

Mar 19, 2015, 1:08:04 AM3/19/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
someone ever see this logcat?
i try to port ROM from Mediatek MT6589 to MT6572, and got this error during boot. It looks many died things, but they only marked as I (if it trully problem normally will show E or F). Is this normal?

I/ServiceManager(  123): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager(  123): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager(  123): service 'memory.dumper' died
I/ServiceManager(  123): service 'media.camera' died

how to fix them?

thanks.

Braganza Roberts

Mar 23, 2015, 1:00:31 AM3/23/15
to hery....@gmail.com, android-porting

From this log, your Media Server is getting killed and I believe in the complete set of logs, this would be repeated again and again.

What triggered this kill only can be known if full logs are provided.

BRS/ sam

Abdul Haseeb

Mar 23, 2015, 10:18:55 AM3/23/15
to braganzas...@gmail.com, android-porting, hery....@gmail.com

Can you post complete set of logs?
Try to collect tombstones and anr from
/data/anr
/data/tombstones

Try to check what's there in
/proc/kmsg
In case if there is any driver related issue

Hery Purwanto

Mar 23, 2015, 10:18:55 AM3/23/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
thanks for replying.

lately i figured that replacing some audio related libs, can make those messages disappear. but another issue comes up.

i attach the full log, it's just looping endless. in case you can pin point the root cause please let me know.

Sorry for my bad english.
amigo2-16.zip

Braganza Roberts

Mar 23, 2015, 10:49:30 PM3/23/15
to Hery Purwanto, android-porting
I can see there is a FATAL exception while trying to find a Native Method through JNI.
Also I have see that it is trying to load Camera.default.so,

D/BootAnimation(  274): [BootAnimation threadLoop 544]bexist=1,nMp3Exist=1,pSoundFileName=/data/local/bootaudio.mp3,pBackupSoundFileName=/system/media/bootaudio.mp3, ms=5190
E/dalvikvm(  136): ERROR: couldn't find native method
E/dalvikvm(  136): Requested: Landroid/content/res/AssetManager;.openXmlAssetNativeInOppoEncryption:(ILjava/lang/String;)I
E/JNIHelp (  136): RegisterNatives failed for 'android/content/res/AssetManager', aborting
F/libc    (  136): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 136 (zygote)

Looks like the Image you created has many missing .so's, Pls check that.

Br,
Sam.

Hery Purwanto

Mar 27, 2015, 12:43:24 AM3/27/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mr. Roberts

i have replaced some lib mentioned in the logs, but still won't bootup. after repalcing those libs, and another error appear, replace again... another error appear again... repeatedly.

after some days stuck at this point, i suspend this ROM porting. and try another ROM with almost same method. and this time such major error/missing libs is not found. but it reboots in the middle of boot animation.

Would you please take a look at my logcat. i think it's related to dalvik VM, but not sure what to do to fix it.

thanks...

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 12:08:04 PM UTC+7, Hery Purwanto wrote:
coollife-1.txt

Braganza Roberts

Mar 30, 2015, 9:47:47 AM3/30/15
to Hery Purwanto, android-porting
I again see, some .so's are not loaded.

can you increase #define SO_MAX 128 to #define SO_MAX 256 in /bionic/linker/linker.cpp and build again and check.

Br,
Sam